Abatement notice

So currently here is where we are at:

• Local councillor for my area is involved and has asked for a copy of the notice
  • My direct next door neighbour on one side has offered to write a statement that he rarely ever hears the birds - his bedroom is almost directly above where they stay outside
  • I do have cameras with audio recording facing the birds while they are outside, i'm just having a load of trouble accessing the cloud storage to review the footage because it was just some cheap chinese wi-fi camera I got from amazon before this all started :(
  • My neighbour opposite is prepared to write a statement that they witnessed suspected complainer stating that "compromises should be made throughout the day as long as they are quiet during unsociable hours" I've since been bringing them indoors during the night and I have messages from this person saying it has helped but they are still an issue through the day
  • A third neighbour, although admittedly a little further down the street is prepared to write a similar statement to next door.
  • Lots of people who have seen my story have offered home to my birds if I must give them up - this has taken a lot of stress from me trying to find a home for an unusual pet.
  • As you're aware, some kind soul has started a petition for me which already has over 150 signatures; Unfortunately I don't really know how much standing this will have in the case, I suspect not, but it's nice to know so many people care.
  • After speaking with the councillor, it seems like the next steps will be to appeal this decision, but that can only be done through the magistrates court:confused:
I'll keep you guys updated as this goes along - who knows, it might help someone later who has to go through a similar situation

I didn't really want to do it originally because I felt it would be a little unfair to keep them shut in throughout the day (and it's a bit more expensive and they wouldn't be able to graze on grass) but I have been considering replacing their mesh run with a shed that I could soundproof instead, they'd be in here during the day and be let out when I arrive home from work - is that a feasible option do you think?

As much as i'd like them to have access to as much grass as possible, I know they can survive on pellets and this seems like it might be a solution for me?

There would still be grass available to them outside of the shed, but not as much as having the whole garden being lawn.

So, the neighbours have finally made enough noise of their own and my city council have issued me with a notice of abatement for noise considered a "statutory nuisance" I have done all i can to keep my birds quiet -unfortunately it seems that there are no further solutions to resolve this other tha. Rehoming norbert and beep beep - i have found a new home, where they can stay together - I would just like to say thank you for all the support and advice this community has given me in raising my boys and wish you all the best

Thanks guys 👍
I’m sorry
So, the neighbours have finally made enough noise of their own and my city council have issued me with a notice of abatement for noise considered a "statutory nuisance" I have done all i can to keep my birds quiet -unfortunately it seems that there are no further solutions to resolve this other tha. Rehoming norbert and beep beep - i have found a new home, where they can stay together - I would just like to say thank you for all the support and advice this community has given me in raising my boys and wish you all the best

Thanks guys 👍
so sorry about your neighbor’s. We live just outside of Philadelphia and our neighbors love them. We don’t have a lot of land so all our backyard connect. They even come out during the day and check on them if they hear a lot of noise. We even found out a couple doors up has some chickens too. I assume your neighbors have nothing to do with their time. So sad.

I’m sorry

so sorry about your neighbor’s. We live just outside of Philadelphia and our neighbors love them. We don’t have a lot of land so all our backyard connect. They even come out during the day and check on them if they hear a lot of noise. We even found out a couple doors up has some chickens too. I assume your neighbors have nothing to do with their time. So sad.

Similar situation, most of our gardens connect or are very close to each other - apparently the chicken owners nearby are not happy about the noise.
goose run.jpg

I'm considering removing their current run and replacing it with a shed I can soundproof - just getting really stressed I won't be able to keep them.

Back
Top Bottom