? about disease control

Bisqit&Gravy

Songster
11 Years
Mar 14, 2008
Ok, I'm not sure where to post this but figured since it was about diseases this would be a good spot.

My NN rooster Mo has CRD. Him and his 2 hens are all in my garage and all 3 are being treated. The girls have been sneezing but nowhere near as bad as him. It was suggested to kill him and the girls but I'm not doing that. I've read about CRD and know they will be carriers. They are pets only eventhough I was thinking about letting them hatch eggs next spring but will not being doing that now.

They only thing I had here was bleach so I soaked their yard down. I'm also planning to move thier fence to a different spot since they are about 5 feet from my banties...none of them are showing any signs. I'm wondering what is a good cleaner/ disinfectate to use in their yard when they are moved back?

In the yard, you could lime it heavily. I'm not sure you can actually use a disinfectant outside, if that's what you mean. Lime will kill lots of organisms and purify the ground, to an extent. Inside coops, I recommend Oxine if you have had any illness.

Back
Top Bottom