About my cockerels

@Zoohtasim , do you mean you don’t want them to lay to young? I don’t think they will. Just speaking out loud though. :)
No like one of my friend's chicks (2 weeks younger than mine) mated and one of the babies went egg bound. She didnt really know what to do and there was a hassle. That chick is ok now but my ones are 3 months old and.. I do not want them to lay eggs. I mean they will at some point even without a rooster but now if a rooster mates, they will lay eggs won't they? I just dont want a egg bound or anything like that situation.

Cockerels/roosters will mate with their sisters, mothers, daughters, etc. They're chickens, they don't care. Inbreeding is only an issue with birds if you start going several generations without introducing fresh blood to the gene pool.

There's inbreeding in a lot of domesticated animals, that's how you get all the different breeds of chickens - humans choosing traits and wanting to replicate them.
Mmm okayy. I separated them anyways, I just dont want them to lay eggs at this age. Maybe when they grow up but not now

No like one of my friend's chicks (2 weeks younger than mine) mated and one of the babies went egg bound. She didnt really know what to do and there was a hassle. That chick is ok now but my ones are 3 months old and.. I do not want them to lay eggs. I mean they will at some point even without a rooster but now if a rooster mates, they will lay eggs won't they? I just dont want a egg bound or anything like that situation.
The male will not cause them to lay early or get egg bound. All the male can do is make the eggs fertile, he can’t do anything else about the egg laying process. That was just a coincidence

Back
Top Bottom