paganfish

Songster
12 Years
Sep 15, 2007
Fleming, Colorado
Hey-

Call me paranoid but...well, I am!
roll.png

My question is this. When I get my 25 chicks next week...should I separate them from the current ones in the same room or different rooms? I don't have the space for a different room to separate but I could do something if it has to be that way. (Figure something out, I mean.)

My main concern is pecking order. Will the current chicks NOT take well to the new chicks at such tender age or is that just for bigger/older birds? If so, should I (like I did with reintroduction of older birds) put them beside each other with a fence separating them so they get used to one another for about a week or so. Then, let them ALL lose--together?

Or should I not? I am not used to getting two shipments of chicks simultaneously like this...HELP!

th.gif

Your advice will be GREATLY appreciated!

Peace-

Pedro

PS The 22 peeps are doing phenomenally! Thanks for all your kinds words...AND thoughts!
love.gif

Quote:
This is what I would do, at least for the first few days. Even if it was just putting them in a clothes basket in the brooder. I know it wouldn't be much room but just for the first couple of days for them to settle in.

Back
Top Bottom