About Turkey

Starlet Ash

In the Brooder
Mar 4, 2021
I have bought 2 month old turkeys recently and I have no experience in raising them. Now I see a few hard lumps on their heads . Is that a disease or are they growing up. If it is can someone please say the solution and also will it spread to my chickens

Attachments

• 20210309_103540.jpg
    20210309_103540.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 6
Just time. Unfortunately in really bad cases they can get secondary infections which can require an antibiotic. In most cases it just takes time for them to recover.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have started to give tetracycline . I have heard that it is a very good antibiotic. I hope it changes . Would any of my turkey die because of this fowl pox

There is no treatment for fowl pox. You have to let it run it’s course. Iodine on the scabs helps the itching as long as the scab isn’t close to eyes.
Is it dry or wet fowl pox?
How many do you have in your entire flock?
Do you have pictures of the scabs to make sure it is fowl pox?

There is no treatment for fowl pox. You have to let it run it’s course. Iodine on the scabs helps the itching as long as the scab isn’t close to eyes.
Is it dry or wet fowl pox?
How many do you have in your entire flock?
Do you have pictures of the scabs to make sure it is fowl pox?
I don't know whether its wet or dry I guess its dry . Till now i am seeing this in 3 of my turkeys

Attachments

• 20210309_103540.jpg
    20210309_103540.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom