So DH finally got bored of my whining and bought me an above ground pool, just a small one for cooling off in in the summer. I am horribly allergic to chlorine, brings me out in a rash, so that's out for the chemicals. A friend of mine told me that she just dumps a cup or so of Clorox in her pool and then lets the filter do the work. We don't have kids, and there won't be kids swimming in it, so we don't have to worry about little people. Is the Clorox going to be sufficient? Also, it's not going to inhibit growth of algae, is it? The pool already has a thin film of green creeping around the edges... yak! I'd rather not purchase expensive chemicals, I prefer 'home grown remedies'... but I will if I have to. Any suggestions?