Above ground pool - advice needed!

Quote:
We have one of these, and they are great, no chlorine smell and your skin feels so much better when you get out !!!

D'you mind me asking which one you have? I am so overwhelmed!!

The perma salt system. That is about all I know about it, my husband handles the pool.. We got it from Watsons.

Quote:
It's not the tests etc that I mind, I just feel totally overwhelmed with the whole thing. I don't understand!! I guess, deep down, I hoped that DH might do all the man stuff with it and fix it. Silly me.
roll.png

We're struggling getting our pool going this year too...
Just had to buy a new pump and all the chemicals...
Ran us about $750...
he.gif

Quote:
Ours is an above ground, but it has no metal parts. Our neighbors went and bought the same thing we have for their pool, as they liked it alot better then the chlorine. Where we got ours they are selling alot of these salt systems for above ground pools.

Quote:
Oh, God, no. I simply cannot afford that. DH will go nuts.... I just wanted somewhere to cool off.
sad.png

We too have the saltwater system, no chemicals the coils do need cleaning if you have hard water like we do though. We love it and it keeps the pool super clean and skin soft when you get out.
Target has them, I believe they are cheaper from Walmart though.

Just search INTEX SALTWATER SYSTEMS which is made specifically for above ground pools!

LOL, too funny that's what I always hope but in the end I do it ALL. The saltwater system comes with a DVD and great intructions
wink.png

Quote:
Oh, God, no. I simply cannot afford that. DH will go nuts.... I just wanted somewhere to cool off.
sad.png

I know..thats all i want too! Hubbys at the point he HATES this pool..
I love it... but i dont have to do any the upkeep work though..
tongue.png

about the clorox... my hubby uses the cheap bleach sometimes.. and it worked just fine...
I think that the bleach MAY kill the algae too?? Maybe...

Quote:
sad.png

I know..thats all i want too! Hubbys at the point he HATES this pool..
I love it... but i dont have to do any the upkeep work though..
tongue.png

about the clorox... my hubby uses the cheap bleach sometimes.. and it worked just fine...
I think that the bleach MAY kill the algae too?? Maybe...

So I just found this...... I guess this means it is OK to use it? Right now, I just want to keep things as cheap as possible. Cost was one the things DH feared when he kept refusing me a pool.... I don't want to prove him right!!

http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/archive/index.php/t-5852.html

Go to a pool store and talk to them; the employees are typically very knowledgeable; I would also say go to an independant store rather than a chain. They will have better chemicals and choices than what you wil find at places like Target/Walmart/HomeDepot/etc. Probably cost less, too.

Back
Top Bottom