:hugs:hugs
:welcome :frow I feel your pain. A few months ago I lost a very special bird to a fox. She was 3 years old. She was a cross beak and needed special care. She had her own coop and pen. I would let her out every day but she never wandered off. She would make her rounds to visit the other birds. One day I didn't pay attention and when I called her she didn't come which was unusual. She liked to be held and always stayed around us. While I was preoccupied a fox snuck in and grabbed her. I searched for her but all I found was feathers. I cried and cried and still blame myself for not putting her in her pen while I was preoccupied and she would probably be here today. I really miss my Gladys. I never had a bird like her and never will. Good luck and have fun with your others...

I am so sorry this happened to you, I completely feel your pain. :(:hugs

Once I lost 4 - 6 week olds to a dog pack that destroyed their "baby coop". I had planned to move them into the main coop with the big girls but the weather was kind of bad that day, so I figured I would do it the next day. Well that night a pack of stray dogs got through our fence and killed and ate all the babies. I was so upset and mad at myself for not moving them as I had planned. If I had only put them in the big coop that day, they wouldn't have been killed. It's the hardest thing to forgive yourself, even when it wasn't anything you did wrong, it's just how things worked out. But on the other hand, I ordered more babies about 6 months after that, and I wound up with one who has special needs. If I hadn't lost the first group, I never would have gotten my special chicken and maybe someone else would not give her the special care I give her. I hope you feel better soon, sorry to hear of the loss.

Back
Top Bottom