accidentally duck egg ?? or large chickeneggs ??

omg what happened here during being abscent ? :D LMAO but happy to read all this ;) ,
now I went back with the eggs and said , what kind of egg is this one ? it is totally different , also in ' texture ' , they took it and i got lucky this time the husband was busy with it and checked his eggs regular basis in the kitchen , he took that one egg i i had concerns about and read the date on it ( they mark the date of collected ) this an older egg I know i said , so here is the thing : Fertile ? YES
how ??? they ate the male duck due an injury on his leg and the constant broodiness of 2 ducks on infertile eggs became annoying , so I was like ok that is their choice , poor ducky but it kinda tastes good right , duck ? ok they letted me in and back out lol , this time not front door , we took a walk trough the many birds ! And the rooster , about that one ? he is busy trying jumping on the hens but can only jump on his pullets that started laying a month ago , breed : marans , another darkish kind of chicken , and no duck that jumps on a duck but on the date of the egg says it : 2 weeks ago , he thinks his wife may accidentally taken some of the older eggs , they toss them out after a week ( isn't that too soon ??? ) and it is a duck egg , he showed me fresh duckseggs and I took one and said it felt the same , it looks as if they do not need calcium as much as a chicken egg ?
on the date back again from the duck egg : it is POSSIBLE that it is fertile , but he is not sure because they left for two weeks and by time they got back the ducks were broody , as they even had a male duck at that time but , here is the but : it is possible the eggs that were collected that day , randomly collected together could be an egg she was sitting on already and would therefor be impossible to hatch as they took the eggs in and fertility can reduce over time , which is another reason why , if they get people asking to buy eggs , they usually never give duckeggs from this old , only eggs from max a week if it is required to be duck egg , I onlyy asked " eggs " so therefor they should have filled the box with chickeneggs . So the duck egg is gone , especially after he was looking at it with a professional light he said no , not a good one for a batch , sad , we are too late (quote) .
duck egg thus got replaced with a randomly fresh chickenegg with question : please if you got enough to eat put one of todays eggs in the incubator , I wanna know he has been able to get these chickens lay fertile eggs but I guess NOT ,
we are incubating day 4 now , I candled the eggs , these are the findings :
5 in total + 1 egg later :
egg 1 : visibile shadow / changes compared to day zip , egg 2 : OUT non fertile ( just an empty side with a yolk ) , also other colour of egg so different chickenbreed , probably the ones they tried to impregnate with the roo and said he was too tiny , egg 3 = definitely fertile !! ( could see veins slightly developping and ofcourse we got a bulls eye ) , egg 4 : unknown (left it just in case ) , same applies for egg 6 ) egg 5 = questionmark , changes in yolk yes but airsack looks to be wrong , so in the incubator , I use an old lucky reptile herp nursery II , I assumed it works but he started to stay on low temp , maximum temp he achieved was 25 C , now in fahrenheit after applying a lamp inside of it and taping it up 102 fahrenheit ( there is a huge ventilator working ) temperature stays at 102 and when he needs to heat up to stay at this he drops to 101 -100, only for about a minute and jumps straight back to 102 , inside I added an extra temp measurement , so the temp inside is constant 37 Celsius , no changes whatever time , not even when he starts to heat up to stay at the correct temp .
humidity however has NOT been what has should been , so now I am going to put an extra sponge inside especially given the critical time of development the eggs need atleast humidity of 50-60 percent I assumed ?
so what now if the humidity accidentally ran seriously low ?? are they lost ??

omg what happened here during being abscent ? :D LMAO but happy to read all this ;) ,
now I went back with the eggs and said , what kind of egg is this one ? it is totally different , also in ' texture ' , they took it and i got lucky this time the husband was busy with it and checked his eggs regular basis in the kitchen , he took that one egg i i had concerns about and read the date on it ( they mark the date of collected ) this an older egg I know i said , so here is the thing : Fertile ? YES
how ??? they ate the male duck due an injury on his leg and the constant broodiness of 2 ducks on infertile eggs became annoying , so I was like ok that is their choice , poor ducky but it kinda tastes good right , duck ? ok they letted me in and back out lol , this time not front door , we took a walk trough the many birds ! And the rooster , about that one ? he is busy trying jumping on the hens but can only jump on his pullets that started laying a month ago , breed : marans , another darkish kind of chicken , and no duck that jumps on a duck but on the date of the egg says it : 2 weeks ago , he thinks his wife may accidentally taken some of the older eggs , they toss them out after a week ( isn't that too soon ??? ) and it is a duck egg , he showed me fresh duckseggs and I took one and said it felt the same , it looks as if they do not need calcium as much as a chicken egg ?
on the date back again from the duck egg : it is POSSIBLE that it is fertile , but he is not sure because they left for two weeks and by time they got back the ducks were broody , as they even had a male duck at that time but , here is the but : it is possible the eggs that were collected that day , randomly collected together could be an egg she was sitting on already and would therefor be impossible to hatch as they took the eggs in and fertility can reduce over time , which is another reason why , if they get people asking to buy eggs , they usually never give duckeggs from this old , only eggs from max a week if it is required to be duck egg , I onlyy asked " eggs " so therefor they should have filled the box with chickeneggs . So the duck egg is gone , especially after he was looking at it with a professional light he said no , not a good one for a batch , sad , we are too late (quote) .
duck egg thus got replaced with a randomly fresh chickenegg with question : please if you got enough to eat put one of todays eggs in the incubator , I wanna know he has been able to get these chickens lay fertile eggs but I guess NOT ,
we are incubating day 4 now , I candled the eggs , these are the findings :
5 in total + 1 egg later :
egg 1 : visibile shadow / changes compared to day zip , egg 2 : OUT non fertile ( just an empty side with a yolk ) , also other colour of egg so different chickenbreed , probably the ones they tried to impregnate with the roo and said he was too tiny , egg 3 = definitely fertile !! ( could see veins slightly developping and ofcourse we got a bulls eye ) , egg 4 : unknown (left it just in case ) , same applies for egg 6 ) egg 5 = questionmark , changes in yolk yes but airsack looks to be wrong , so in the incubator , I use an old lucky reptile herp nursery II , I assumed it works but he started to stay on low temp , maximum temp he achieved was 25 C , now in fahrenheit after applying a lamp inside of it and taping it up 102 fahrenheit ( there is a huge ventilator working ) temperature stays at 102 and when he needs to heat up to stay at this he drops to 101 -100, only for about a minute and jumps straight back to 102 , inside I added an extra temp measurement , so the temp inside is constant 37 Celsius , no changes whatever time , not even when he starts to heat up to stay at the correct temp .
humidity however has NOT been what has should been , so now I am going to put an extra sponge inside especially given the critical time of development the eggs need atleast humidity of 50-60 percent I assumed ?
so what now if the humidity accidentally ran seriously low ?? are they lost ??[/QUOTE

I'm totally confused....:th.....I have no idea what your talking about?....:confused:....Something might make sense?
:D can it have something to do with the fact I just could have written it a lot shorter ? :p Sorry , bad habit of mine is always trying to tell an entire life encyclopedy or something instead of just a short phrase , uhm also you might have noticed English is far from ok ? I am working on that ( not on the life encyclopedia LOL , you can rule it out haha ! :) ) .

Ok so to get back on topic ?

First of all :
*UPDATE* with such a happy feeling !
A : these eggs are all chicken eggs and .... LIFE !!!!!! we are a few days away from HATCHINGDAY and they are doing PERFECT !!! Very much alive in fact ! movement is ok , airsack is perfect BUT they are only with the two of them because I had 5 + added 3 later on and we had 3 quitters , 1 non fertile that tried to kill the others by just exploding a couple of days ago and one I do not know what went wrong but there was a massive ring attached to the airsack and it did not move at all anylonger so had to do what was best and removed them .
The B factor ? :D
I was kinda trying to explain just that I have been asked to do a batch for the people where I bought the eggs from BUT that they do not store their eggs in boxes etc or top down , nor sorted out , in the mornings the wife just collects all eggs in one big basket so duck , goose , whateverbirds eggs all sit together in one basket and accidentally I got a duckegg which they now replaced with eggs from chickens .

So that was basically just it , the story about how they do the rest is just ' optional to read LMAO :p :p '

But this also means they are totally wrong about the rooster they believed was too small to fertilize a chicken , altough not all eggs are fertile so I believe it could be indeed true for some of their hens but having two soon to be hatched is into my opinion the proofe they needed and I get the chicks to keep . only I find it sad there only with the two of them :-( so by hatching I probably will have to buy some extra chicks so they do not feel loneley nor become totally depending on me but their own " breed " ( I 'm a way too different breed btw and rare too , close to extinction ! ) ;-) .

So far good , keeping y'all updated once they have hatched ( about a couple of days now ! )

Back
Top Bottom