Accidentally set to 38.5C for 48 hours on day 17 of incubation

MatthewG63

Hatching
Jul 18, 2023
Hey! So I’m hoping for some reassurance. On day 17, the incubator went up to 38.5C for 48 hours. Now on day 19, I’ve brought the temps back down to 37.5 exactly. I’m just looking to make sure that this is okay? I’m sure a one degree difference for 48 hours won’t make a difference, but wanted to consult with the experts! Due date is in two days but I won’t candle as they’re in lockdown :)

Hi I’m sorry nobody has answered you. I would assume that they’ll be okay, let us know if they hatch!
Thank you! It’s day 20 and we got our first pip this morning! He made a decent amount of progress this morning but 14 hours in and seems to have slowed down a bit. I’m assuming he’s resting at the moment. Hoping the other two eggs start pipping sometime soon :)

How is your hatch going? I have been following but didn’t comment because I’ve only incubated 2 clutches myself My first was just barely successful 1/12 hatched. The second a lot better but still not great 11/24 hatched. Anyway I didn’t want to spread any false information because I’m not really that experienced. But I am curious about your outcome.

Back
Top Bottom