Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
some of the turkey eggs we moved into lockdown last night looked like they were internally piped!
My DD's were running the candling light so I got a sideways peek. the eggs are due 2-9 and 2-10 so I shouldn't be too excited yet but still:idunno

6 in my trusty Nutrutre right 360 and 2 in my Chinese bator(trying it out)
I like my NR360, I had a cheap Chinese knockoff that I took apart and used the brains to turn one of the turners I put in the cabinet incubator I have. I think it is documented back at the begging of this thread??? it got so bad about heat spikes and temp drops I gave up on using it as an incubator. but the brain can count 2 hours and turn on the egg turner so it works for that. I have been tossing around the idea of another NR360 or an incuview. My DH thinks I have too many incubators as it is.???? we will see how things look after this next hatch. he may be right, as in I can hatch more babies than I have room to grow out??
right thats why I was rigging part of the shop up to have grow out pens.

oooh I thought for a while I wanted those... I had trouble finding a reliable source, ended up with marans instead. best of luck with your babies. How many eggs in lockdown?

I have 3 Barnevelder pullet's here that I'm waiting on for them to start laying egg's. Then as soon as those egg's get big enough, I want to hatch egg's from them crossed with my NN rooster Roger. One of them snuck out the coop door a while back, but she stayed near the pen and proceeded to help herself to the weed's. I was able to get her back. I do not free-range mine, as I do not want to loose them to predator's.

I have 3 Barnevelder pullet's here that I'm waiting on for them to start laying egg's. Then as soon as those egg's get big enough, I want to hatch egg's from them crossed with my NN rooster Roger. One of them snuck out the coop door a while back, but she stayed near the pen and proceeded to help herself to the weed's. I was able to get her back. I do not free-range mine, as I do not want to loose them to predator's.
none of my flock is allowed to free range for the same reason. we have SO many flying and 4 legged predators that my flock would be zero in no time. I keep working with my necked necks... blue foot is still in with the Nn hens so every now and then I add another egg from that pen to the incubator.
Oh and I have been getting eggs from my Nn that lays blue/green eggs! a few of those have found their way into the incubator.

Back
Top Bottom