Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
I am a softy, if someone is looking for something i can be talked out of most of my chickens... that the main reason I went to Necked necks, not many folks around here want them, so I get to keep mine. The rest of the time I try to move the ones I REALLY want to a different pen, then I have to tell myself that they are in "my keeper " pen so they are not for sale. last year I did manage to grow out some of the production layers that I "saved" from the feed store so that I had a few pullets that I didn't feel bad about selling.

Around here more people are starting to become aware of them being good heat tolerance. That's important with as hot as it get's here in the summer. I'm almost to the point where I have my NN's where I want them to be at. After that, I will most likely just sell the hatching egg's.

Around here more people are starting to become aware of them being good heat tolerance. That's important with as hot as it get's here in the summer. I'm almost to the point where I have my NN's where I want them to be at. After that, I will most likely just sell the hatching egg's.
Folks here tell me they will get cold. They dont seem to but eh let them think what they want
20200215_103942.jpg
20200215_103959.jpg
here are a couple of my roosters( and a few hens) I plan to keep working on the size. Ok these are not to SOP they are too big. Lol

Folks here tell me they will get cold. They dont seem to but eh let them think what they want View attachment 2026944View attachment 2026945here are a couple of my roosters( and a few hens) I plan to keep working on the size. Ok these are not to SOP they are too big. Lol

I'm not into doing the SOP's. I just wanted a good steady one that can handle our high summer heat, and would lay nice sized egg's. Some of my NN's are laying green egg's too. That make's for a nice colored egg basket.

I'm not into doing the SOP's. I just wanted a good steady one that can handle our high summer heat, and would lay nice sized egg's. Some of my NN's are laying green egg's too. That make's for a nice colored egg basket.
Eh I am still putting every green egg from the Nn pen in the bator. I think there are 2 nn that lay green now? oh and one of the boys hatched from one.

Back
Top Bottom