Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
20200222_063228.jpg
20200222_063408.jpg
the black one was out running around the bator this morn. The next little white one was stuck in its shell so I helped it out. I went to open the last 3 eggs and one spears to be moving still so we are still waiting on a final count. On s sad note I found one that had internally piped and died without an external pip
.. it was black I am so sad!
Black. Blue. Splash. white all ARE GOOD WITH ME

I forgot to add that we moved 14 duck eggs into lockdown last night
20200221_195056.jpg
we had started with 18(6 of them came back out of the refrigerator) so I am happy with this number. We did observe some shadowing going on so I am hopefull these babies will pop out on time!

20200221_201016.jpg
found a few copper marans eggs locally(like 3?) And some mosaic eggs (4?) And the rest of these are necked necks and brahma crosses. I am excited to see what happens especially because the rooster in with the brahmas is a necked neck with a little wellsummer genes!

Quick question on your duck eggs did you take them out and cool them and spray them with water?
No I run all 3 species(duck, chicken and turkey) the same in the same incubator. So 99.5 auto turners, the duck eggs have been in the kind that turn on the sides. I was just looking at the eggs due tomorrow and we have 3 external pips! I like to keep the humidity between 25 and 35% then bump it to over 65% at lockdown

Back
Top Bottom