Acres Poultry hatching thread with aliciaplus3!

Pics
Oops! I went into Murdoch's for a meeting day before yesterday. Went back yesterday to pick up just 2 whiting true blues( they had the gray ones like the one that i had that passed away) yeah 11 chicks later. Wait I have around 100 chicks, ducks and turkeys in brooders at home??? Oh and Over 100 eggs incubating. Sigh I have IT bad.
But we picked up 3 true blues, 2 partridge rocks, 2 cream legbars, 1 pear leghorn, 2 necked necks, and a dark brahma. Should add some different colors to my flock.

The new NN chick's should help to add new genes to your DD's NN project if you got black one's.

Stopped st a house up the road on our way home last night DD spotted a pen of NN there and wanted to know where they got them. Turns out they were from the feed store but she talked the guy out of all the eggs they laid yesterday! They were mostly red birds but had nice clean necks, something we plan to work twords because a good number of our Nn have big bibs indicating they only carry a single necked gene. From what we saw most of these should carry a double necked gene.

I hope to get some legbars going. I love the blue eggs
I prefer the Rose Comb Legbars.
1583099526778.jpeg

You should come up for a visit.

Stopped st a house up the road on our way home last night DD spotted a pen of NN there and wanted to know where they got them. Turns out they were from the feed store but she talked the guy out of all the eggs they laid yesterday! They were mostly red birds but had nice clean necks, something we plan to work twords because a good number of our Nn have big bibs indicating they only carry a single necked gene. From what we saw most of these should carry a double necked gene.

I'm still trying to get the clean neck's with mine, but the closet that I get is the one's that have the bowties. I really need to get some clean necked one's too to add to my flock too, somehow.

Can you answer me something?

If a Polish and a sebright have offspring, what combs will they have?
Sebrights have a rose comb. Polish are said to have a small V shaped comb. Rose combs like Pea combs are dominant traits so it is likely the offspring will have rose combs. However, if the V shaped comb is also a dominant trait, it will be something that is not either. An example is that Pea combs and Rose Combs are dominant so when one gene of each is present, it creates a Walnut comb.

The other thing is that crests can alter the normal appearance of a comb.

I'm still trying to get the clean neck's with mine, but the closet that I get is the one's that have the bowties. I really need to get some clean necked one's too to add to my flock too, somehow.
I guess I need to clarify some
Most of our current ones have Big bibs
If I understand correctly that indicates a single necked gene.
A bird carrying 2 necked Gene's can display a small bow tie or a clean neck. We have few of these.
So far with DD's black Nn we have been working on form, is the back at the correct angle ? Sre the wings correct? Comb? Now she will start in on the finer points

Back
Top Bottom