We Quit Cigarettes

I joined an online smoking thing...those nutters are strangers. I prefer BYC.

This is a ridiculous mind game...I keep telling myself I can do it. :barnie
I remember listening to a morning show years ago, an American Cancer Society representative said that there is an activity associated with smoking and you have to replace that activity with another that’s healthier. For example if you have a favorite chair where you sit to have a cigarette, don’t expect to just sit in that chair and not smoke. Use the chair to read, knit, pay bills, etc. If you used to go out on a smoking break with coworkers, don’t go out with them and expect you’ll just be the only one not smoking. Take a different break. Made sense to me.

Y'all speeders are nuts. Slow down and listen to the road safety engineers that set the speed limits in the first place. They're not arbitrary numbers. :old

Is there actually a legitimate reason for those? It’s not some random number they choose or make lower to give you tickets?

My mom also always says “your first crash could be your last” as well as that there are tons of trees around here and I could crash into a tree and be dead. Some areas it’s just flat with nothing there so if you go off the road it wouldn’t matter as much but it here it’s all trees and guard rails.

How come your peanut butter tastes so bad?? Has it spoiled?

Nope! I checked the date before I used it. :D it doesn’t have any sugar. Just peanuts and salt.

She's used to spoonfuls of sugar.

This is exactly it!! There’s no sugar.

I don't really know anymore.
I thought I knew and then I started googling.

She said my heart was 100% healthy and my extra/skipped heartbeats would cause absolutely no present or future health issues–only annoying and sometimes painful symptoms.

Hmm odd. Sounds confusing. :(

Seems passing out could be somewhat problematic...

I've had the gross sugary stuff, but even that isn't so far off from regular peanut butter. The basic flavour isn't that different. :confused:
Kdog, try making your own peanut butter and see if it's better fresh. I sure think it is.

I never eat natural peanut butter. I only ever eat the Jif stuff or Skippy or some other kind. So to me, going from that to no sugar is a big huge shock and disgusting haha also the texture is super weird and nasty. The other stuff is extremely smooth. Maybe it is just this brand that is gross. Idk. Making my own is way too much work. :lau

The Dr kept telling me I'm not crazy and the pain is real but I sure feel crazy. ☹
Goodnight keeks. Another day down. 💪

You’re not crazy!!! :hugs

Is there actually a legitimate reason for those? It’s not some random number they choose or make lower to give you tickets?

My mom also always says “your first crash could be your last” as well as that there are tons of trees around here and I could crash into a tree and be dead. Some areas it’s just flat with nothing there so if you go off the road it wouldn’t matter as much but it here it’s all trees and guard rails.

Nope! I checked the date before I used it. :D it doesn’t have any sugar. Just peanuts and salt.

This is exactly it!! There’s no sugar.

Hmm odd. Sounds confusing. :(

Seems passing out could be somewhat problematic...

I never eat natural peanut butter. I only ever eat the Jif stuff or Skippy or some other kind. So to me, going from that to no sugar is a big huge shock and disgusting haha also the texture is super weird and nasty. The other stuff is extremely smooth. Maybe it is just this brand that is gross. Idk. Making my own is way too much work. :lau

You’re not crazy!!! :hugs
Too much work? I take two containers of peanuts, dump them in the food processor, turn it on for two minutes, and pour it into a jar. That's it. It's super easy, and delicious!

Nobody dies if you text too much. Well.... unless you do it while you're driving. Slow down. And put the phone on Do Not Disturb and put it in the glove box. If you're old enough to drive, you're old enough to be responsible about it. You can do it!

I might considering how hunched over I always am and all the back/neck/wrist pain/problems I sometimes get. :lau

But I was actually talking about using it while driving, not using it in general/other times. In my mind that is or was worse than the speeding. Because at least with speeding, I’m paying attention/looking even if I’m going fast. But I’m realizing they are both stupid.

It’s not even so much about killing someone else (which would also be terrible) but I could be dead in an instant. There are tons of single car crashes around here lately. Kids. Crashing into trees, guard rails, whatever. Most probably speeding or texting or both. All dead.

I don’t like do not disturb because if I get a call or an emergency or something I like to be able to answer but I could at least turn the data and stuff off and just leave Bluetooth on and put it in the back. I don’t want it in the glove compartment or anywhere remotely accessible. That’d be super hard to access while driving but still. I guess I don’t need to answer stuff right away though. But I do like the music but I guess I don’t need to look at it to control that.

You can't pay 100% attention if you're looking at your phone. That's the point. I'm glad you're getting it! 🤗

Yeah, I know, but I actually wasn’t talking about looking at it. Def not paying full attention when I’m doing that. But I was actually talking about the speeding/comparing them. I know it sounds kind of stupid now but I was saying in a way the speeding was better because at least I am looking at the road. Like I pay 100% attention then as opposed to the phone. That’s what I was meaning. The phone I don’t but when I don’t have the phone, I do no matter what the speed. Although even with the phone I do look up a ton/type blind.

But it is all extremely extremely stupid and dangerous and I never should do it. I never used to look at it when I was driving or go fast. I was extremely religious about the speed limit and not touching the phone and then I started going a little faster, taking quick glances at the phone, etc. till now it’s progressed where I’m going 85 on the highway or checking here on backroads :oops:

Idk why. I think maybe I should stop driving for a bit or something if I am that addicted to the phone. I’ll walk. I don’t really go anywhere anyway. But I don’t really want to do that but I also know it’s only a matter of time before I kill myself or somebody else so I think maybe I should do just that or at the very least just forget the music and phone calls and stuff and just turn the phone completely 100% off like you said. Or just not even take it with me. But I like counting my steps with it. Maybe I need to charge my Fitbit so I can leave my phone at home. Although it’s nice to have for safety reasons but not if it causes me to crash. I think it’s a combination of being extremely addicted to the phone and also still getting over the not caring mentality I had last year. Should clarify I mean not caring about myself. I’ve always cared about not hurting other people.

Too much work? I take two containers of peanuts, dump them in the food processor, turn it on for two minutes, and pour it into a jar. That's it. It's super easy, and delicious!

Oh wow I had no idea it was so easy!! Hahah might have to try it! And I could always add like a tiny bit of sugar or something if I wanted and I’d know it was real sugar and not corn syrup or soy or vegetable oil or whatever other weird stuff they put in peanut butter now haha

What? No! When determining speed limits, engineers go out and consider crash rates, roadway features, and the speed of existing traffic. They don't want to make it lower than they need to, or more people will ignore it and it then only serves to make the traffic speed less cohesive. (That's not to say cops won't take advantage of areas where the limit change is sudden and drastic. Been there, done that.) I believe the rule of thumb is generally to use the speed that 85% of traffic travels, with reductions factored in if the collision rate is high in the area. I can't speak for state-level rules; I am not familiar with those nor how they are set.

Speed limits aren't generally determined by how fast you can possibly take the car around the road safely, because I could take the corners at 90 if I wanted. It's how fast you can react to unexpected things. Nobody expects an accident, yet every year, millions still happen. You can't plan for the best case. You have to plan for a kid behind a parked car, running towards the road... the person ahead slamming on their brakes, or losing control of their car, or the person backing out of their driveway forgetting to check their blind spot and sideswiping you. Even if it isn't a built up area, a moose on the road could easily kill you.

I may be a bit more of a stodgy rule-follower than most drivers, but hey, I'm still here and my insurance bill isn't scary. :old

I recommend taking a defensive driving class. The techniques they teach are helpful no matter what your experience level is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom