We Quit Cigarettes

Yes, you rent it from the doctor and take it home for days or weeks or something. You press different buttons to "mark" stuff.. dizziness, pain, fluttering heartbeat, etc.
It costs a lot of green tho.
Maybe there is a coupon.

Maybe @CarpCharacin can Google you something up.
I don't want to Google because I will worry.

Get the thing...do they rent them out maybe?
Some people will notice and be disturbed by premature beats; others won't even know anything's happening. @Tesumph , don't simply accept the first doctor's assessment. I'm sure there are PACs and PVCs. Those are hard to miss. Whether your doc will be experienced and skillful enough to suggest the best treatment is another matter entirely.

If you can, try to see someone else, from as prestigious an institution as you can. I made DH drive across two states to Mayo Clinic for the same problem, only in his case it had progressed to a-fib. One thing the doc there suggested immediately was a sleep study. Poor oxygenation during sleep can cause/make worse heart arrhythmia. They ordered a c-pap for him and he seems to think it's helping. At least he's sleeping better. The arrhythmia hasn't resolved. At his age with his family history that's not expected, but he does feel better.

If you haven't been sleeping well, that can aggravate already irritable muscle tissues in the heart and bring on atypical beats. You could try meditation... see if that helps you clear your mind. Walking/strolling in a pleasant place... anything to help you relax. I would stay away from over-stimulating or disturbing entertainment/movies. These things can exacerbate an existing problem. You need to find a place of peace in yourself. Maybe you could find a meditation guide? Sometimes a little help is in order and can make a huge difference.

Hey I forgot something.
Does anyone have one of those apple watches or fitbits or anything like that? Do they actually record your heart rhythm, or just the beats per minute.. if that makes sense?

The cardiologist said if I had something like that then that would also be a valid way of keeping track of it.

I'm so far behind... cottage cheese is made from milk, just as yogurt and ice cream are. Did you try it? What did you think? Sometimes I eat it with fruit. Sometimes just a little salt and pepper.
It actually tastes a little like yogurt to me, only cheesier. Some kinds of cottage cheese are very mild and others are sharp. A lot depends on the brand you buy. I like the milder kind, but they're not labeled "sharp" or "mild". you just have to buy and try. 🙄

Hey I forgot something.
Does anyone have one of those apple watches or fitbits or anything like that? Do they actually record your heart rhythm, or just the beats per minute.. if that makes sense?

The cardiologist said if I had something like that then that would also be a valid way of keeping track of it.
The fitbit just reports bpm. DH got a Kardia Mobile device that works with his phone. You put your fingers on it and it detects your rhythm. There are different levels of detail, depending on how much you want to spend.

Some people will notice and be disturbed by premature beats; others won't even know anything's happening. @Tesumph , don't simply accept the first doctor's assessment. I'm sure there are PACs and PVCs. Those are hard to miss. Whether your doc will be experienced and skillful enough to suggest the best treatment is another matter entirely.

If you can, try to see someone else, from as prestigious an institution as you can. I made DH drive across two states to Mayo Clinic for the same problem, only in his case it had progressed to a-fib. One thing the doc there suggested immediately was a sleep study. Poor oxygenation during sleep can cause/make worse heart arrhythmia. They ordered a c-pap for him and he seems to think it's helping. At least he's sleeping better. The arrhythmia hasn't resolved. At his age with his family history that's not expected, but he does feel better.

If you haven't been sleeping well, that can aggravate already irritable muscle tissues in the heart and bring on atypical beats. You could try meditation... see if that helps you clear your mind. Walking/strolling in a pleasant place... anything to help you relax. I would stay away from over-stimulating or disturbing entertainment/movies. These things can exacerbate an existing problem. You need to find a place of peace in yourself. Maybe you could find a meditation guide? Sometimes a little help is in order and can make a huge difference.
I don't have sleep apnea but I do sleepwalk.
I'm constantly stressed and consume an abnormally high amount of disturbing media. I think I'm starting to see the problem. 🧐
Lol but seriously.. I know the constant stress takes a toll on my mental and physical health. I've made a lot of changes in my life lately and I'm trying to be better and kinder to Tes.

I don't know about the doctor. I told myself (and anyone unfortunate enough to be within earshot) that after these tests I was done. DONE.
It's never that simple.. 😒
I was skeptical about the extra beats until I went home and checked my pulse. Three extra beats within 60 seconds. I'm shocked.

Back
Top Bottom