We Quit Cigarettes

I understand! I get the same feeling doing Tai Chi - I LOVE it! And there really isn't a way to express it in words, is there? I remember going through my routine in a moonlit room, with a soft, warm Spring breeze blowing peeper song through the open window. My mind and body locked onto a small portion of the workout, and everything just fell into place, melting into an absolutely amazing experience. I know that sounds weird and fake, but it's not. It was one of the most "real" experiences I've ever had. The only thing that has ever topped it was the overwhelming connection I felt when first holding my newborns.

This sounds amazing!!

Mad cow disease is only when a cow is infected, LOL. I read a paper saying that it's theoretically possible for someone to be infected with prion disease from dental equiptment, as prions aren't removed by standard sterilization procedures.

This is the place where the regular dentist I go to reccomended for the wisdom teeth extraction: https://smootcenter.com/
You do realize that they extract all the parts that "could" infect people; the brain and central nervous tissue...and this is not used for human consumption. Of all the things I could worry about...this is not one of them. And we're cattle farmers. You will do more harm to yourself from elevated levels of stress hormones worrying about something like this than the actual thing itself. Life is so short...enjoy it. Seeing the positives in your life is much more important to your body's well being. :)

https://www.uofmhealth.org/health-library/tu6533

She hasn’t moved or taken food or water since Friday night. She is also just shy of 15 with cancer. Occasional vomiting. It doesn’t get easier even when you know it’s coming.
Oh, Honey...I'm so sorry. :hugs
No, it's never easy.
Time for her to go, do you have a vet on call or....?

@Kiki it's never going to be like 'ok now it's all over'.
It will get easier, the hard times will shorten and spread out.
But it's ugly head will raise again, but you can squash it!

Oh, Honey...I'm so sorry. :hugs
No, it's never easy.
Time for her to go, do you have a vet on call or....?

@Kiki it's never going to be like 'ok now it's all over'.
It will get easier, the hard times will shorten and spread out.
But it's ugly head will raise again, but you can squash it!
I'm ready for the easy part already.

:eek:

Yeah I know :oops:

I do need to start taking it seriously and trying. There’s a few other things I don’t take seriously enough either. Like this foot thing I have. And the moving thing. I literally barely move. I need to try to get serious about everything.

I just love sweets and am a major sweets addict so it’s hard but I also don’t even really try lately. :oops:

I guess maybe I could just way reduce them? Like eat them way less often or eat like one bite when I do eat them? But moderation has always been difficult for me. If it’s there, I eat it.

And often snack even if I’m not hungry. :oops:

I’ve tried eating healthier and last year I was cooking a bunch which I loved but I only did that a pretty short time. I take forever to cook even simple things and get pretty tired doing it ha cause every single thing takes me like an hour or two even simple supposedly fast things and then it’s just one meal anyway. So it ruins the fun and creativity I have when cooking. I love coming up with stuff but hate all the time and effort. And also I only make the same few things so it gets super boring too.

But I need to try. I don’t think I take it seriously enough.

I’ve cut out fast food and soda and fried food and all the really bad stuff but I still eat pretty bad. Not nearly as bad as I used to (I’m talking pizza, fast food like Wendy’s and Taco Bell, soda, Oreos/carp, etc. daily for a while) but not exactly good either. I haven’t eaten like that in years but I’m still eating sugar and bread and stuff which is probably just as bad.

But I can never seem to stick with anything :(

Thanks very helpful!! I definitely need to be better about cooking and eating healthier. I want to and I’ve tried a few times but it’s a lot of work and I also always seem to only make the same few things. :(
your sweet cravings have to do with low serotonin levels in the brain, this leads to cravings. Also, your GUT microbiome is probably out of synch, leading to this problem as serotonin is made in the GUT also. Dopamine also is depleted which can lead to REWARD deficiency - nothing satisfies. So, sounds like you need neurochemical and GUT support. Stress is always an issue to because it can throw the neurochmicals out of balance

Yes @Kiki Sunshine. Old girl won’t quit. It’s been almost two full years since she was given 2 months to live and she did good that whole time. She even managed to get some prairie dogs out of the wood pile this past summer. She is seriously the toughest old dog. She’s climbed so many mountains and hiked so many trails, including the highest point in the state, which is second only to Mt. Whitney. I know she won’t go down without a fight, but really wish she would just sleep.

Back
Top Bottom