We Quit Cigarettes

Okay my update...
As a Type 2 diabetic, I have always been told that diet and exercise would drop my a1c numbers. I have been on high doses of insulin (50 units) for a number of years...and that creates havoc with my pancreous making my own insulin.
My endocrinology PRN recently said I would always be insulin dependent.
I disagreed and did a lot of research and then visited with my
GP doctor. To help reduce the dependence on artificial insulin, he put me on a morning dose of Januvia and advised me to work on losing some weight by adjusting my diet to more vegetables and proteins and less sugars.
In addition, in early February my rheumatologist added Plaquenil for my osteoarthritis which has a side effect of lowering blood sugars.
I have lost 15 pounds so far. My fasting blood sugars have been coming down slowly as I have tried to be religious about my eating habits. (Hard when hubby loves sweets)
I have fasting morning blood sugars this past week that range from 79 - 121 compared to 125 - 272 six weeks ago.
My GP told me this morning in a phone conference that if I can maintain this improvement for two more weeks, he will call my endocrinology doctor to suggest a reduction in the amount of insulin I take.

Okay my update...
As a Type 2 diabetic, I have always been told that diet and exercise would drop my a1c numbers. I have been on high doses of insulin (50 units) for a number of years...and that creates havoc with my pancreous making my own insulin.
My endocrinology PRN recently said I would always be insulin dependent.
I disagreed and did a lot of research and then visited with my
GP doctor. To help reduce the dependence on artificial insulin, he put me on a morning dose of Januvia and advised me to work on losing some weight by adjusting my diet to more vegetables and proteins and less sugars.
In addition, in early February my rheumatologist added Plaquenil for my osteoarthritis which has a side effect of lowering blood sugars.
I have lost 15 pounds so far. My fasting blood sugars have been coming down slowly as I have tried to be religious about my eating habits. (Hard when hubby loves sweets)
I have fasting morning blood sugars this past week that range from 79 - 121 compared to 125 - 272 six weeks ago.
My GP told me this morning in a phone conference that if I can maintain this improvement for two more weeks, he will call my endocrinology doctor to suggest a reduction in the amount of insulin I take.
Wow, that's great!

@Kiki - 6 weeks - :bow

I was raised in a color blind, religiously non biased household. My father always said that when you generalize about a group of people you are evidencing your prejudice.
I am going to win.
I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.
I don't know if I should cancel it or go.

I really loved this photo!

When I went to Walmart pick up on Saturday the person that was doing it was telling me that people are treating her like she's not even human because of this whole virus thing.

My husband and I helped her load everything into the car and it took maybe a couple minutes to do. She was so grateful.

I even got a gift from them. It was snacks in a nice reusable bag, it also had an avocado ripen bag, and coupons.
Thank you for being kind to her. That's SO important!

Back
Top Bottom