Adding More Chickens

Pics
The shallow depression in my run measures about 8x8 and is not more than 2' deep - still deep enough for a randy drake to grab a hen by the back of the neck and dunk her when she tries to ignore his attentions. A liner 15x15 would easily address that, and with a little adjustment, I could probably do 20x12 or similar. The idea would be to get about 100 sq ft of surface area for 8 birds. For 6, I'd be trying to get about 75 sq ft +/-. That's between 8 and 9' square, plus material to go up the sides and be covered at ground level. 12 x 12?

Your run is beautiful---I am envious. I like your colorful tires too, and we have the same kind in our garden with strawberry plants. Sorry I don't have an appropriate answer to your question but wanted to send a compliment to your beautiful coop...Best wishes with your expanded plans.
Thank you! I have more pictures on my Coop Article if you want to check that out 😊

Chicken , I have a question do the chicken lay eggs yet? Do they sleep( roost ) in the little coop? How much roost space inside there? I live in a cold climate so my hens sleep in a coop, so I was just trying to imagine your flock.
Yes all but my one retired hen lay. Yes the sleep in it, no there’s probably not enough room, it was a big mistake to listen to the ad which claimed space for up to 15 hens.... I’m working on something bigger right now, I hope you understand :)

;) If your chickens only sleep in their coop and go in to lay eggs how much space do you need for 10 chickens. I have the medium overEZ coop with 7 chickens and they seem fine. They free range all day go in to lay then in at night to sleep.
I wouldn’t recommend that, chickens do need their space even if it’s only for a short while. But I’m not you, so just do as you wish

I LOVE your coop set up!! I would probably not add as many as 11 though. You would definitely need a lot more room if you were to go that route. It's been awhile since I've had chickens though I've been on a duck kick lately:)
I don’t think should add 11 anymore, but perhaps a total of 11 or 12 would work :)

Back
Top Bottom