Admins, can we add a WANTED section?

tigger19687

Crowing
6 Years
Jun 27, 2017
Metrowest- Massachusetts
My Coop
My Coop
It has been a little while since I was on here and this is a Great New Section.
But it seems that there are a lot of WANTED posts on here that should not be here (according to the title of this section).

Anyway we could make a new section for Wanted or Looking For ? Then move the posts about wanted or looking for over there?

As in BST wanted posts? A better way to go about achieving delineation between for sale and wanted posts would probably be to use thread prefixes or custom thread fields, instead of adding an entirely new section which would require the relocation of thousands of threads.

Yes in the BST.
I don't know what you mean about prefixes or custom thread fields.
I was just thinking that it would be a good section in the BST. The 'Animals in need of FREE Re-homing' is getting a lot of 'Wanted' posts. While it is irritating that some don't read the title of the section, it also fills up and pushes down posts that have animals that are in Need.
Some people may NEED to re-home their animals due to the C19 virus and no money coming in. I know of many homesteaders near me that are finding homes for their animals because they can't afford to feed them.

It was just a thought. I didn't mean you had to move ALL the wanted posts. Maybe just delete the first 2 pages of them and have an auto-message that it is in the wrong section? Those posts shouldn't be there anyway and should maybe be in the 'Everything else' section.

Or maybe just write in "No Wanted posts" and then we can flag and you delete ?

These are thread prefixes:
1584905985847.png

Also, I think we'd like to avoid deleting posts that aren't in violation of the BYC rules.

Back
Top Bottom