Adult Male Turkey

chickenlove<3

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 17, 2010
I'm new to raising turkeys, and only have one at the moment. He is a male about 7 months old, and seems to be full grown. He seems to always be puffed up like a male turkey in pictures, and I was unsure if he will just naturally be like this all the time now that he is mature, or if he is sick. Any info is great!

I'm new to raising turkeys, and only have one at the moment. He is a male about 7 months old, and seems to be full grown. He seems to always be puffed up like a male turkey in pictures, and I was unsure if he will just naturally be like this all the time now that he is mature, or if he is sick. Any info is great!

CONGRATS YOU HAVE A HEALTHY YOUNG TOM :) He is of breeding age or at least around breeding age now. Hell be like this off and on during the breeding season ( when the days start to get longer) until til he passes on . Hes showing off, and would LOVE the company of a young hen ;) GOOD LUCK

awesome! so it's normal for him to be like that like almost every time I see him? because it used to be occasional but now it's constantly...

Back
Top Bottom