Adventures in Incubating Shipped Eggs

Pics
First hatched peafuzz!!!
6-7-18a.jpg

:loveI love how wide of a variety there is on this post. Getting to see all kinds of cute babies.
Since you like cute babies... ;) it's time for more Chickspam!!

These are my shipped egg chickies, now between 4 and 7 days old (it was a drawn-out hatch).

They've distinctly divided themselves into two groups: the sassy brassy chicks, who push to the feeder and are very independent and assertive, and the mild & mellow chicks, who are docile and calm all the time. Interestingly, they aren't split by breed, I've got a feisty Appenzeller and a calm one, two excitable Sebrights, and a very serene one.
Pic 1 - The sassy brassy crew!
Pic 2 - Shadow, the first Svart Hona who got stuck. This one feels like a roo to me, already.
Pic 3 - Flurina, he feisty Appenzeller who was flailing around during candling and who was the first to peep, pip and hatch. This is a big chick!
Pic 4 - The tiniest chick, little Pearl the Silver Sebright. This chick is always looking at me, and is very easy to handle.
Pic 5 - Coal, the last chick to hatch, another Svart Hona who pipped wrong end and had a difficult hatch. I was up all night wondering if this little one would make it.
Pic 5 - Chantal, the smaller and much calmer of the two Appenzellers.
Pic 6 - Hanna, the only one of the Cream Legbar x Olandsk Dwarf chicks to hatch. The breeder says none of her chicks from the same parents look like this (all cream). Super sweet and calm chick. It will be interesting to see how s/he turns out!

IMG_E6461.JPG IMG_E6428.JPG IMG_E6435.JPG IMG_6393.JPG IMG_6395.JPG IMG_6396.JPG IMG_6397.JPG

Back
Top Bottom