Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Grocery stores sell candy.
Perhaps you have things at home with which to make your own crafts.
There is an old thread here about making things out of old feed bags.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/feed-sack-recycling-ideas.1314140/

I bought some Hershey’s bars from the store in case the kids get bored & wanna build a fire & make s’mores. I don’t really crave that kind of candy. I have certain annual sugar fixes I treat myself with (like the giant, dark chocolate See’s Candy Easter eggs) & I’m just being spoiled & grumpy that I can’t buy any this year. We usually send them all over the country to the grandmas & aunts, & I feel bad we can’t do that. On the bright side, maybe we can try to make something. I remember someone in DH’s family used to make chocolate covered eggs (a peanut butter one & a coconut one.) I wonder if I can find their old recipe. 🧐

Cool craft ideas! Thanks!
[/QUOTE]

I've been ranting for three days about how the pot & liquor stores are still open, but bakeries, craft & candy stores are all closed. Pot & liquor stores are useless to me, but chocolate & crafts are essential items in my house with 3 teenage girls.

For some reason my BYC ads today are for local pot stores... The Universe is mocking me.
Hobby Lobby and Joann fabrics are still open I think. Limit 10 customers per store.

While trying to stay motivated....
aa.jpg

Back
Top Bottom