Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
hile trying to stay motivated....
aa.jpg
:lau

It sounds terrible and I obviously have no life but self isolation and the virus hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to my life, until I have to visit civilization. I've never been very fond of my species so not having to deal with people who are the super friendly type when I do meet them is a bit of a blessing.
I'm in an interesting position in that far more people know of me than I know of them. This is because the people in the main house are/were extremely social creatures and it seems I come in conversation quite a bit because of my unusual house and lifestyle. Some local people know me because of the craft fair I attend with my lamps and others because of the chickens. I've had a few callers with injured chickens since the lockdown. The local vets are shut.
I will notice the changes as time moves on because international travel I think will become less common and more expensive and this means I will see a lot less of my daughters and friends who live in other parts of the world.
I could do with a hardware and wood store being open because some of my tools needed attention before the virus hit and I just postponed fixing them.
What has surprised me is the difficulty those in the main house are having with comparative isolation. One has learn't to come outside and do things and to be fair, he has made a half decent job of getting some vegetables planted. I don't see the others much. I don't know what they do in there all day.

The governor in CA listed all the pot stores as essential. My best guess is that he’s hoping everyone will be too sleepy to incite riots or start looting.
There is a massive surplus here. Lots of farmers grow a small plot. It's a good cash crop.
With the restrictions on movement and regular police checks, moving it around is a bit risky.

Hello all guess I’m diving into a thread here but wanted to join the conversation.

Guess first and foremost Happy Birthday Chicken Canoe!!

We have a local grocery store here in our small town that is doing everything they can to stay stocked. It is starting to show, that this isn’t a local thing, even what was a good stocked store last week is starting to show signs of the over hoarding of anything. Guy Friday when we went to town, walked in and spent 600+ dollars and bought every ounce of hamburger meat, saving grace was store manager stopped the clerk from completing the sale and told the guy sorry sir only 2 per customer. Guy argue where is the sign. Manager asked the guy to please wait one moment, went back to the service desk, answered the phone call while on the phone printed a sign grabbed the tape and went back and hung the sign in front of the guy, and said sorry it must have fell off. Guy throws a fit how he drove 3 hours to buy this meat lol

I do have a lemonade story...
I want to upgrade my drivers license to an enhanced and I can't find my birth certificate (big surprise there). So I ordered a new copy. It won't arrive for about another 2-3 weeks. My license expired last week on my birthday.
The DMV has the following alert posted to their website:
ALERT: All Licenses, Non Driver ID's, and Registrations with an expiration date of March 1, 2020 or later will be extended. :D
How many years did you chop off on the application for a new one?:D

It sounds terrible and I obviously have no life but self isolation and the virus hasn't made the slightest bit of difference to my life, until I have to visit civilization. I've never been very fond of my species so not having to deal with people who are the super friendly type when I do meet them is a bit of a blessing.
I'm in an interesting position in that far more people know of me than I know of them. This is because the people in the main house are/were extremely social creatures and it seems I come in conversation quite a bit because of my unusual house and lifestyle. Some local people know me because of the craft fair I attend with my lamps and others because of the chickens. I've had a few callers with injured chickens since the lockdown. The local vets are shut.
I will notice the changes as time moves on because international travel I think will become less common and more expensive and this means I will see a lot less of my daughters and friends who live in other parts of the world.
I could do with a hardware and wood store being open because some of my tools needed attention before the virus hit and I just postponed fixing them.
What has surprised me is the difficulty those in the main house are having with comparative isolation. One has learn't to come outside and do things and to be fair, he has made a half decent job of getting some vegetables planted. I don't see the others much. I don't know what they do in there all day.
I have always social distanced myself from humanity all my life, :lol: and I have never had an issue with finding things to do inside the house or outside. So in this respect I can't tell the difference! :D But the overall vibe of this thing that seems to be circling the globe, all the death, the suffering, the anxiety, etc..... I seem to be picking up on it, empathizing even though I have distanced myself from even the news to save my sanity, :lol: . And this is the part that has me on edge.

Back
Top Bottom