Advice needed. Did I accidentally kill my last egg?

MrsCallschicks

In the Brooder
May 2, 2018
This is my second time being successful at hatching eggs. I am using a mini Brinsea incubator. I had 6 fertile eggs and five have hatched. Two hatched yesterday (one the night before) and then three more last night. I opened the incubator and took the chickens out after doing my best to make sure there wasn’t any external pipping on the last egg. After candling the last blue/green egg I realized that the air sac had grown and I could see a chick’s body inside where I hadn’t been able to tell before. I put more water in one side of the water chamber and put the egg back in. I am so worried that by opening the incubator I might have killed the chick or I might have put in too much water. I probably had the lid open for about 2 minutes.
Any advice? My elevation is above 4,000 feet with a fairly dry climate, except it is spring.
Why is this egg so far behind the others?

What day is it it could just be a late Hatcher I have a bantam egg and it’s pipped on day 22 to day if you would like you can ask on my hatch a long there is a lot of people that can help you I will give you a link

Back
Top Bottom