Advice needed please!

kassidy

In the Brooder
May 1, 2017
This is only my 2nd time trying to hatch. I didn't know until today that there was a lock down period . I had bannie eggs and chicken eggs in the same incubator in an egg turner. I seen one pipping so I looked it up and it said that there was a lockdown period! I've got one out of the shell all by himself and one I broke the membrane he was struggling to breathe. The banny's have not started pipping or anything. Did I wait too late to put them in lockdown? What do I do? Any advice is appreciated!

This is only my 2nd time trying to hatch. I didn't know until today that there was a lock down period . I had bannie eggs and chicken eggs in the same incubator in an egg turner. I seen one pipping so I looked it up and it said that there was a lockdown period! I've got one out of the shell all by himself and one I broke the membrane he was struggling to breathe. The banny's have not started pipping or anything. Did I wait too late to put them in lockdown? What do I do? Any advice is appreciated!

Hello Welcome to Backyard Chickens let see if we can be of help here alright

:welcome!

Did you put them all in at the same time? What day are they on?

At the very least I would increase the humidity to 65% for the one that is currently trying to hatch.

how long have they been in the incubator... is the one you helped alive?
Yes the one I helped is doing great he's running around chirping up a storm lots of energy. The other one I had to break the membrane because he was running out of oxygen and I could tell I saw blood so I stopped and he still halfway in the shell and I'm not touching him anymore

They have been in there 21 days in an egg turner I had no idea I was supposed to lock it down take the egg turner out set the eggs on the crate at the bottom and leave it for 5 days. Did I totally mess things up?

Yes, the one I helped is alive he's walking around doing great there's another one that was chirping inside trying to poke through the membrane so I broke it and I saw blood so I stopped. I'm worried about the bannie eggs that were put in the same day as a chicken eggs! I did not realize they had different due dates. I'm afraid I lost my bannies! Any advice on what to do? Do I just leave them be or crack One open and see if it's alive when I candle them it shows a bunch of dark and the air bubble but that's all I can see

Darn let me see who can I call in that's has more experience than I on incubation it will be a second alright chickens are 21 days roughly and we can make allot of mistakes they still hatch I want to see is banty are as forgivingly

Back
Top Bottom