sunnyflockraiser

In the Brooder
May 21, 2020
Hi everyone! :frow
I do my absolute best to take care of my chickens. Does anyone have any products to recommend for treating mites? Also, if you have any dewormer’s to recommend that would be great!

Thank You,
-Sunny Flock Raiser :)

Permethrin spray or dust can safely treat mites or lice, when treated at least twice. The coop also should be treated once bedding is removed. Permethrin 10 can be mixed with water according to inside label instructions and used in a spray bottle. Valbazen cattle wormer or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer are very good to use to worm chickens.

Hi everyone! :frow
I do my absolute best to take care of my chickens. Does anyone have any products to recommend for treating mites? Also, if you have any dewormer’s to recommend that would be great!

Thank You,
-Sunny Flock Raiser :)
Permethrin spray effectively treats the coop and birds for mites.
Deworming medication depends on the type of worm(s) you are dealing with.

Hey I know it’s been awhile but, is this the right stuff? I found it on amazon. Here’s the link |
\/
Martin's Permethrin 10% Multi-Purpose Insecticide, 32oz (1 Quart) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00061MSS0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_zCt.EbTNPWWN9
Permethrin 10% concentrate, that's the right stuff.
Just for your info regarding Valbazen and Safeguard wormers. Both are excellent and safe wormers for poultry and are broad spectrum wormers.
How do you typically treat your chickens with the mite remover? I have heard you put it into a spray bottle and spray them with it. Is there anything I have to be careful about? How often do I spray them with it?

How do you typically treat your chickens with the mite remover? I have heard you put it into a spray bottle and spray them with it. Is there anything I have to be careful about? How often do I spray them with it?
Follow the dilution directions on the bottle.
You need to first start by cleaning out the entire coop getting rid of all the bedding then spraying the coop with the recommended dilution of Permethrin, paying particular attention to every single nook and cranny you have in the coop but spray all surfaces. Let it dry then rebed with fresh bedding (nest boxes too). That night, go into the coop with your sprayer with the correct concentration for spraying the birds and squirt them under each wing, the belly and under their vent.
Repeat all of the above in one week to kill the mites that will hatch from the eggs that are left after you've killed the adults from the first treatment.

I prefer to use Permethrin dust on my birds and use a sprayer containing the liquid concentrate/water mixture to spray inside the coops. I wrote down the mixing instructions and put them somewhere, forgot exactly where I put them grrr. Anyway, the instruction booklet should be attached to the container. There's a 28 day residual after using the liquid mixture.

Back
Top Bottom