Advice on Selling Bantams

Superjaxster

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2017
Hello!
I lost my flock this winter and went a little bonkers with the chicks in the spring, leaving me with more bantams than I can keep. I've never sold any of my chickens before. Anyone have advice? I was hoping to just sell around 8-10 of my bantams (assorted breeds and genders) as one lot, buyer take all. Is this a good idea? What would you pay for a bantam? I have no idea what to ask for them since I paid about $2 per chick and have raised them out for 10 weeks.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

Thank you!!!

Where do you live? We have a couple poultry swaps in our area and I've sold chickens there before. If they are hatchery birds, around here I would ask maybe 5-7$ per cockerel and at least 10$ for pullets that age. Are you in the USA? If you are in the NW or NE you can probably ask more.

Where do you live? We have a couple poultry swaps in our area and I've sold chickens there before. If they are hatchery birds, around here I would ask maybe 5-7$ per cockerel and at least 10$ for pullets that age. Are you in the USA? If you are in the NW or NE you can probably ask more.
I'm in PA and these are from TSC. I was thinking of asking $50 for 8 - 10 birds which seems on par with what you said.

Back
Top Bottom