After day 00

Anyone know what breed of Orpington that is? I can't find a picture of one that color

I know you likely meant color and not breed, but just in case, all colors of Orpington are the same breed. The different varieties are all the same breed, just different color names.

I would guess it's probably crele in color.

Just to make sure, what date did you set the eggs? If it's been 24 hours since pipping and the chicks have made no progress, I would consider helping them, especially being that they were shipped eggs.

I know you likely meant color and not breed, but just in case, all colors of Orpington are the same breed. The different varieties are all the same breed, just different color names.

I would guess it's probably crele in color.

Just to make sure, what date did you set the eggs? If it's been 24 hours since pipping and the chicks have made no progress, I would consider helping them, especially being that they were shipped eggs.
Thank you I was wondering about crele as well.. has a white head spot like a barred would

I got 3 more yeaterday.. the second whiting true blue, the f2 OE and the lavender orpington.. I did an eggtopsy this morning.. the two Olive Eggers apparently didn't make it very far as there qas a yolk in there kinda floating.. hard to see in an OE egg.. the BLACK copper Maran however was fully developed.. no veins so I used coconut oil on the membrane.. was not shrink wrapped but wasn't breathing and no internal pip.. I opened membrane and yolk sat was absorbed as well.. looked kind of like the feet were over its head? Feel like I should have tried helping yesterday instead but that's how it goes. I would have taken pictures but it felt kinda morbid as it was, being my first time, so decided against it. Got 7 out of the 16 I started with in shipped eggs....

Back
Top Bottom