After day 00

Cluckingtime

Songster
May 23, 2022
Central Maine
How long after the incubator says 00 days do you feel there is no hope for an egg? I did ask on a other thread but didn't get an answer. Yesterday was day "1" and I have 3 pipped and 3 not pipped or moving or anything since lockdown. 3 OE and a BCM.. they are from my shipped eggs.. how many more days should I wait until an "eggtopsy"?

I have never had any not hatch before day 1 in my last 3 incubations (which are also my first 3). Not sure I like shipped eggs. Nor will I buy from that person again. Live and learn.. thanks in advance for insite

Oh and here are the first 6

Top right, Orpington
Top left f3 OE
Two gray, one is SG(mine)
One is WTB
Bottom left, EE
Bottom right, mine, Light Brahma x barred rock (Cockrell is all I have got so far lol)
Waiting on Lavender Orpington, another WTB, f2 OE.. all three pipped..
20230606_133253.jpg

24 hours after they have pipped, the chick will likely start to go into distress and if you want to get them out, you'll have to help. 48 hours and the chick is likely dead.

It is your choice, obviously to help. Here is a link of an article written by @Pyxis. In my opinion, it is the best piece of information on the internet when it comes to helping a chick out of their egg. I used to be entirely against assisted hatching, but this article changed my stance completley.

If you have never assisted, And are on the fence, I'd suggest giving it a shot atleast once using this article. Very rewarding if it works out.

Article
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/guide-to-assisted-hatching-for-all-poultry.72886/

Back
Top Bottom