After much convincing, we're beginning our adventure

HartfordHens

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 17, 2014
Hartford, New York
Being fairly new to raising chickens, (I used to help my grandparents when I was a little one), I've finally talked my dear wife into doing it ourselves.
It took me quite some time, a couple of years of prepping her, and the purchase of our new home on 3 acres to get to where we are today.
We bought 6 little ones from our local Tractor Supply last Saturday, and as far as I can tell, the family is head over heels in love with our new furry friends.
It's exciting, yet somewhat terrifying, at the same time. It's been decades since I've been around chickens, and it wasn't like I was the one raising them. With a tremendous amount of help from all of you, (I've been snooping on all these threads for months),and the cuteness of the little girls at the store, we're going to give it a go.
Hopefully all will go well and you'll all be seeing more and more from me as they grow. I've started building my coop,the one that came with the property WAS full of mice, that's been dealt with swiftly. So a new home is getting built for my girls. I couldn't have begun this without the invaluable information found on here. So much information for us newbies,and it is appreciated.
I'm just glad I have a place to turn to, and you all to rely on when needed!
Thank you, and hopefully this is a start to a new adventure for us.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Thank you all for the support,it seems they grow bigger right in front of your eyes! I never realized how quickly they grow, and I'm not finished with their home yet. Looks like I'll be spending the weekends building, before they take over my dining room! I'll post pictures of my cop build if I can. Thank you again for the support, you have been a great help to me.

Back
Top Bottom