After processing question (not for the squeamish)

They probably could have everything...but keep in mind with all birds they have intestinal "cooties" that could either cause your animal friends to get sick or even get a wormy parasite that could require tons of vet bills.

My vote is to either A)throw the whole lot out or B) use the guts as catfish bait and not give any to your pets.

You could also develop a "taste" for your birds and the pets might come get them when they wanted, instead of when you were feeding a treat. Just my thoughts
hu.gif

Valid points! I just hate to think of wasting anything.
sad.png

Heh - Can you tell what I'm planning in my future? Only problem is, I keep cracking up picturing myself with a quail on the desk so I can follow the processing post step -by-step!!
lau.gif

Dogs are built with strong garbage guts. Even though they are susceptible to parasites that would be the only concern I'd have. I feed my dog a raw diet and she gets all of our quail left overs. You can even feed dogs rotten mea. When our dogs meat gets down to the last bit in the bag it is generally spoiled already but she scarfs it down like anything else. Cats are a totally different story. They cannot handle the rotten meat. If you are concerned about parasites I would worm your dog but that is as far as I would fret about it. Your dog will love you for it.

When processing...Rule #1 is not getting "attached" to said processees....

You'll have to raise a ton of 'em
jumpy.gif
, pick out the best the quail to keep as breeders
love.gif
...then the rest, put in what I call a "food pen"...they're not quail at that point...they're strictly "food", bound for freezer camp
droolin.gif

Also, if you have to cull a bird due to injury that could have spread infection. I wouldn't feed that to your dog either. It may do just fine but I do not have any experience feeding my dog sick birds.

Back
Top Bottom