After raising poultry are eggs ruined for you guys?( I raise ducks but this occurs to anybody)

I, myself, am looking forward to eggs. Number 2 reason for getting ducks! I’d have no problem eating their meat either - though I’m not going to slaughter them - so it would depend on how they will have died.

On a side note - I also made my kids clean the fish they caught before they ate it. Just a part of being at the top of the food chain - for now!:sick
New to chicken keeping, they are almost 20 weeks old and haven't started laying yet. Raised specifically for providing eggs, but I have developed this horrible fear now that I'll crack open a half developed egg. Here's to hoping that passes really quickly.

Ive never liked egg whites! Ill eat them if deviled or pickled, or scrambled, but I LOVE fried eggs and only eat the yolks. I scrape all the white away. It looks like disgusting gelatinous goo. I have no issue eating my girls eggs.

I have 29 laying hens and one rooster. I LOVE eggs! I eat between 2 and 6 eggs a day myself. They are tasty and healthy and I have no problem with "where they came from". I make egg salad for sandwiches every other day. My husband gets fried eggs for breakfast and sometimes dinner too! I sell eggs as a business and extra unsold eggs are scrambled and given back to the chickens as well. Eggs are a fantastic food!

When my first chickens started laying I couldn't eat their eggs at all! It just seemed weird knowing their little butts laid them. I actually wondered "what if I did something wrong and they'll taste awful??" I didn't trust myself, or them, apparently :gigBut that phase soon passed... I can't wait for my new ladies to start laying!!

When my first chickens started laying I couldn't eat their eggs at all! It just seemed weird knowing their little butts laid them. I actually wondered "what if I did something wrong and they'll taste awful??" I didn't trust myself, or them, apparently :gigBut that phase soon passed... I can't wait for my new ladies to start laying!!
Funny!! That is kinda what I am like right now....I hope I will learn to eat them cuz my girls work so so hard for me.

I make an amazing cornbread with my eggs... didn't tell my family until after they tried it and my sister said - since speedy is your daughter, we are essentially eating your grandkids. I said essentially! Ugh - I just don't think about it now - though it is easier when they aren't speedys, lol.

Back
Top Bottom