Again, new duckling owner. HELP!

kt4407

In the Brooder
Mar 6, 2018
I'm curious about outdoor pens for my ducks. Not right now of course since it is winter here and they don't have feathers yet. But id like to have it built and ready for them when the weather breaks. Is it easier to build or buy? Can the stay in 24/7 when it is warm outside? Obviously it will have to be secure because we have coyotes in the area. Just looking for some ideas from other owners. Thank you in advance!

I'm curious about outdoor pens for my ducks. Not right now of course since it is winter here and they don't have feathers yet. But id like to have it built and ready for them when the weather breaks. Is it easier to build or buy? Can the stay in 24/7 when it is warm outside? Obviously it will have to be secure because we have coyotes in the area. Just looking for some ideas from other owners. Thank you in advance!
Where are you from? I have a 20 foot x 25 foot pen built for my four soon to be 8 ducks. They have a house I lock them up in at night. My pen is built out of chain link fence with 2 foot poultry wire inside the fence. I also have a electric fence on the outside to protect mine from varmints and other wild animals. My top is open though but I have not lost any ducks yet.

I have a 10x10 chain link kennel for 9 ducks to be locked up at night, it works well. They are out during the day for 12 hours. We have coyote, fox and all that good stuff that likes ducks, just buried lattice around it to keep them from digging in.

Where are you from? I have a 20 foot x 25 foot pen built for my four soon to be 8 ducks. They have a house I lock them up in at night. My pen is built out of chain link fence with 2 foot poultry wire inside the fence. I also have a electric fence on the outside to protect mine from varmints and other wild animals. My top is open though but I have not lost any ducks yet.
Im from PA. I only have 2 ducks so how big of a pen would I need?

I have a 10x10 chain link kennel for 9 ducks to be locked up at night, it works well. They are out during the day for 12 hours. We have coyote, fox and all that good stuff that likes ducks, just buried lattice around it to keep them from digging in.
Do you just let them loose during the day? how do you get them to come back in a night?

Im from PA. I only have 2 ducks so how big of a pen would I need?
If you plan on letting them free range during the day then I would say you just need a small pen or house to lock them in at night. But if you plan on keeping them locked up then I would personally say about a 10x10 pen with a small pool to swim in.

Back
Top Bottom