Aggressive hen(?)

It’s just the two of them in my house right now and the barred rock is being a jerk(more then just peaking order). I have a SLW in my established flock, while older still can act a fool sometimes. I have two hens with my SLW. Then I’m in the process of integrating 15 9/10 week olds. I thought getting another roo would be helpful. Lol oh chicken math.

It’s just the two of them in my house right now and the barred rock is being a jerk(more then just peaking order). I have a SLW in my established flock, while older still can act a fool sometimes. I have two hens with my SLW. Then I’m in the process of integrating 15 9/10 week olds. I thought getting another roo would be helpful. Lol oh chicken math.
having two rooms that haven't been raised together, and don't have enough room to ge far away form each other, is a bad idea. They will over mate th females, you should have IMO, at least, 5 hens per rooster. Having two roosters with 4 hens is a bad idea.

having two rooms that haven't been raised together, and don't have enough room to ge far away form each other, is a bad idea. They will over mate th females, you should have IMO, at least, 5 hens per rooster. Having two roosters with 4 hens is a bad idea.
I have a total of 17 hens. I have m original roo and thought getting one more would be good.

I have a total of 17 hens. I have m original roo and thought getting one more would be good.
Oh, that makes WAY more sense! Okay, I bet it will be fine then, but you existing male my not accept the new guy so easy. Still probably can't keep all 3 together though. I see you train of thought though. Sucks there both males!

Oh, that makes WAY more sense! Okay, I bet it will be fine then, but you existing male my not accept the new guy so easy. Still probably can't keep all 3 together though. I see you train of thought though. Sucks there both males!
I know, I sent my hubby to pick them up. Lol I didn’t think about making sure he knew what to look for haha

I think he will be ok! My friend needed me to take four babies girls so with 21 hens and three Roos....I hope. Haha

Back
Top Bottom