Aggy on her way out!

She is back up on her feet. She is weak but eating and drinking herself.
she sure does hang on.

oes

Sorry to say that our lovely beautiful Agnes passed away last night.

She had had what seemed to be another stroke last week and she had not recovered much support from her legs though she would manage to move enough to get to her water and feed and Betty kept her company.

Yesterday I went to feed the girls and found she had fallen onto her side and her wing was in the water so I lifted her up. Aggy and I decided that the shed was no place for Aggy if she was going to try swimming without supervision! So she came in and she had a lovely warm bath and blow dry which she seemed to enjoy and then she got wrapped up in a warm towel and we had a big long cuddle on the sofa in the sun room all afternoon. I watched tv and hoped she would pass but Aggy is Aggy and she kept on going. I gave her fluids through a syring a few times and left her laying in the sun while I did the dinner. She was all snuggled up and I thought maybe she might be? But no there was still a lot of life in her when I lifted her. Her head came up and she looked all round and at me like- Why are you disturbing me!!!!?

I would not put her back out in the big shed - So Betty had all the others in there last night as it was cold and the chicken coop didn;t look very warm so they all got inside the shed. They seemed a bit upset and Marigold keeps looking for her friend.

I put Agnes in the cat cage on her towel and then I put her in the warm bathroom with some more warm towels over her because her comb and feet were cold. I had to go out to a meeting so I had to leave her. On my return I went to check on her. DH had checked earlier and she was making funny gasping sounds. When I went to see her she was making faint little breaths and I put my hand on her head and said go to sleep now my dear Aggy and she took a little gasp and her head went over. - I told Dh and we agreed to leave her untill this morning. I knew she had died. It was like she had held on until I got back. At least I was there for her.

This morning I took some of her feathers which I do from all my girls when they pass. Feel so sad she was a lovely girl and I so miss her flying! She loved to be held in the air and fly down like an eagle at the other girls! Good night sweet Aggy now you really can fly!

Oes
hit.gif

Last edited:
She did hang on though didn't she bless her. I sure got attached to that one she was such a lovely girl and followed me everwhere.
Agnes was a rescue - she arrived one day in a bag full of other PRs that someone didn't want. I am just glad that she had a good life here with lots of love and friends!

Oes

Last edited:
Aw Aggy... It is lovely in such a sad way, that you could be there for Agnes in her last moments. She did have a good life, and she wanted to hang on to it until her last bit of energy was spent.

I lost Bridget this past weekend after a week long of trying to save her. They are special little creatures who just sneak into our hearts. I'm sorry for your loss. I am still mourning, but so glad I had the chance to know her if just for a little while.

Back
Top Bottom