Aggy on her way out!

oesdog

Crowing
13 Years
Jun 7, 2010
Ireland
Poor Aggy.
She has been such a good hen and very loving and cuddly. This morning she is very weak and there is no weight on her at all.
I brought her in and she managed to eat a few raisens but then gave up. Now she is back in the pen cuddled up with her friend betty. Aggy has nothing sinister wrong she is just old and her kidneys are packing up. But still we can't help but lose our hearts and get them broken over a chicken can we! Nothing much to do now but wait out the dying process.

Oes

OES, I'm sorry you're losing your beloved Aggy. It's never easy to lose the animals we get attached to. I'm sure you've given her a good home and she's had a good life. Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

OES, I'm sorry you're losing your beloved Aggy. It's never easy to lose the animals we get attached to. I'm sure you've given her a good home and she's had a good life. Sorry for your loss
hugs.gif
She has taken herself off to her bed. She can;t be bothered to eat or drink today so I think she won't last too long. I am actually glad really because she is old and frail it is better for her to go now before the bad cold winter weather comes in. She is far too frail to deal with that so I am hoping this is going to be it for her. I don;t think she is in pain I just think she has had enough. We lost her sister Florrence last year and she was very upset for months but then we got a rescued PR called Marrigold in June time and she rallied a bit over the summer so I think she enjoyed having Marrigold about to buddy up to. Them both being red and all! I went to see her a while back and Betty is back snuggled up with her so I think they do know don;t they when something is not going too well! We had thought about finishing her off but she isn;t in pain just old and dying. - I can;t see her lasting very long like this. She is such a lovely girl and such a wonderful temperament for working with disabled kids and all sorts she was always a good girl. I will miss her very much.

I just hope it doesn;t drag on for her? Not nice like that.

Oes

I think you are right that they know. They're probably better at that than people are. It sounds like she has been a wonderful bird for you. I'm glad you have had her and enjoyed her. It's hard letting them go but good to know she isn't suffering.

@rides2far I know what you mean...that is a comforting thought when I miss my old pets.

Back
Top Bottom