Agressive muscovy girl

Rick5070

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 4, 2012
So we have had these ducks and goose all together for more than a year and the white muscovy has been the sweetest little girl until the last few weeks. A few weeks ago she started being very aggressive toward the other duck and the goose and while she has only charged me once, she regularly attacks and bites at my shoe if I stop moving for very long. None of this is a huge problem yet but I am curious as to whether this is normal or whether I need to look at something. We have not changed food and they all eat like they are supposed to. There have been no changes in how we take care of them and I might think it was because its summer but when we got them it was summer and they always have plenty of water to be in and a different water source for drinking after they eat. So any insight would be helpful. Thanks!

She could be broody. They stopped laying when it started to get hot. No trauma or anything like that. She still lets me handle her and still 'talks' to me she just usually has to blow off some steam first. She never hurts me when she nips at my fingers or shoes and is always gentle.

She could be broody. They stopped laying when it started to get hot. No trauma or anything like that. She still lets me handle her and still 'talks' to me she just usually has to blow off some steam first. She never hurts me when she nips at my fingers or shoes and is always gentle.
Well aren't you the lucky one, LOL my one broody who isn't even sitting on eggs draws blood when she latches on to me. and she is one of my sweetest ones. Did you look for a hidden nest?

Back
Top Bottom