agruments and chickens? related or not?

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Your both lacking in the chicken dept, I took 2 ducks to CT so I would drop below 100(99) then remembered the 11 chicks, and came home with quail, and have 10 more eggs under broodies.

good that makes me feel better........your enabling me!!

Anytime I end up with something new, my husband throws a fit. A few days later, I'll catch him sneaking leftovers to them or just sitting and watching them.
Our current crew:
5 Buttons
100+ coturnix eggs on the way
2 parakeets
13 fish tanks that are running (several others that are dry)
2 dogs
1 cat
3 ball pythons
1 corn snake
9 rats

We also occasionally have mice (domestic of course), plus we have a mealworm farm, confused flour beetles, several flightless fruitfly cultures, grindal worms, microworms, walterworms, bananaworms and vinegar eels. These all take up minimal room though, and aren't generally noticed.

Quote:
Since when does a boyfriend have any say on what you do with your paycheck or what you do for a hobby. And if your relationship does become one of marriage he would be agreeing to marry someone who spends more than he would on chickens and not banking on changing you. This has nothing to do with chickens it has to do with a man that wants to tell you what to do with your money and your hobbies. That's a bit on the controlling side and it will get worse as the relationship continues.

Quote:
Since when does a boyfriend have any say on what you do with your paycheck or what you do for a hobby. And if your relationship does become one of marriage he would be agreeing to marry someone who spends more than he would on chickens and not banking on changing you. This has nothing to do with chickens it has to do with a man that wants to tell you what to do with your money and your hobbies. That's a bit on the controlling side and it will get worse as the relationship continues.

thanks for the advice....it may not seem so in this thread, but i really am one of the most stubborn people there is and i have a very hard time letting anyone even think of telling me what to do...i usually get pretty pissy.....when i get married i will still have a say so in what i do with my stuff.....anywho my point is that he didnt tell me that i "cant" buy anymore, it just got thrown out there in the mix of a totally off topic argument. kind of like i say something (complaining usually lol) and then its "Well if you didnt buy so many chickens you wouldnt have this problem!" one of those deals

Quote:
Ok I NEED to know MUST know, how you justify chickens. I always fell like the crazy chicken lady and have no way to really defend myself other than "because I can." And while that is a good enough reason, Im sick of people making me feel really wierd for obsessing over my chickens. Im always at work talking about how my chicken this or my chicken that my chicken is sick my chicken got hurt something ate my chicken. lol.... I DONT WANNA BE CRAZY WITH OUT A GOOD REASON! LOL

im becoming the CRAZY CHICKEN LADY.....i dont want that on my grave stone

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom