Ahhh, I am steaming mad at my teenage son right now!!!!!

I just wanted to say that removing everything INCLUDING the nice comfy bed is a great consequence. Why leave him a comfy bed? I've pulled everything, and I mean EVERYTHING out of my daughters room before... she slept on the floor with a single blanket. It's amazing how long they can go without everything.... but when you take the bed too... it sort of puts an urgent urgency on them trying to get things back. That was a few years ago... due to lack of cooperation during school, etc.

Recently DD stole my shoes... she got off the school bus, came up to the door, where I opened it, demanded my shoes back, she handed them to me and I shut the door in her face. I locked it. 2 hours later, I threw a blanket outside & a box of cereal and a bottle of water out the door (seriously). She never said a word or complained or even knocked, she fixed herself a bed on the back porch and that is exactly where she slept... on a cold rainy night.

The next morning I opened the door and said "If you want to continue behaving like a criminal, you'll either end up homeless or in jail. You are not welcome in my house if you are going to steal from us"

She apologized, explained her ridiculous thinking from the previous day, I explained where her thinking went wrong and I honestly don't expect a problem again with that.

Yes I'm harsh.. but ya know.. I'm young and intolerant and she knows it.

Back
Top Bottom