ALABAMA!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Michael_K, Jan 14, 2008.

1. bamachicks8

bamachicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

[quote fly e="Tomtommom" url="/t/2002/alabama/4230#post_10764605"]I'd call her dinner, but that's me :lol:

I have noticed a sick obsession with feeding my 'might be roosters' lots of treats to make 'em fat and taste good. I feel like the witch in Hansel and Gretel.
    [/quote]
    :lau sadly seriously contemplated that but she just doesnt have enough meat on her bones to try it.

2. silkiemomma42

silkiemomma42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    welcome and good luck! I had the privilege to get some blue lace res wyandottes from a lady in Boaz Alabama. She has several different types. We got 13 birds from her 11 were blue lace red and 2 we're blue lace and black lace cross. I still have her contact information..you can pm me if that's close to you.

3. silkiemomma42

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    oh I know! Our chicken raising skills are in infancy. Our oldest are a little over 5 weeks old. I hope to learn a lot at the festival. :)

4. kasey08

kasey08 Aunt Kasey's Farm

Mar 29, 2010
    Scottsboro, AL
    Anyone have any Laying hens forsale? Also looking for Silkies any color but White

5. silkiemomma42

Mar 5, 2013
    parrish, alabama
    I don't know where you are located, but my friend Cheryl in falkville alabama is hatching blacks and buffs right now I believe. You can pm me for her number. :)

6. Hilda the Hen

Hilda the Hen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 7, 2013
    Birmingham Alabama
    Hey everyone,
    Just would like some input. This is Hilda, she's 7 weeks today. Personally I think Hilda is a he. Thoughts? I know just wait until (s)he lays or crows, but just want to see what others think. Hilda's comb and waddles are slightly bigger than the other chickens.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know the irony of my profile name and the questionable gender of Hilda [​IMG]

7. huntinwidow

huntinwidow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2009
    Warrior Alabama
    My Coop
    Leaning toward cockerel. Hard to say, what breed is Hilda?

8. Hilda the Hen

Feb 7, 2013
    Birmingham Alabama
    A RIR, I'm thinking a production red.

9. Bama1

Bama1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2012
    DeKalb County, Alabama
    Is the tail feathers shaping out differently and are the legs on Hilda bigger than the others ?

10. Hilda the Hen

Feb 7, 2013
    Birmingham Alabama
    Everything seems to be about the same. Legs all the the same and tail feathers look the same now (about a week ago Hilda's looked a little shorter) the other thing is her neck feathers are taking longer to come in where as the other 3 are a dark red in that area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by