ALABAMA!!

So, 3 out of our 10 hens are broody! One is RIR, one is a mixed breed (was supposed to be RIR) and one is a bantam cochin. Hopefully we will have some good mommas raising their chicks soon (plus the other hens' eggs they are sitting on).

Ooo Ooo, me, me!  I need a companion for my handicapped Swedish duck.  I tried to put her back with her chicken friends, she was excited, the chickens?  Not so much.  Some of the older chickens attacked her, but I guess since she was brooded with the younger ones and the older ones had never seen a duck before, I can't really blame them.  She needs duck buddies!

Lol, I'm located out by the grand bay, Tillman's corner area. Where are you from?

My white rock is STILL broody.... she's not budging, no matter how much I move her >_< Chicken boomerang... she keeps stealing everyones eggs too.

Anyone got some blue/green/olive eggies for her? I don't really want to drive across state, but I would totally pay for shipping if it came to that.

I have two easter eggers!! The babies probably won't be pur ebred though, I have one white leghorn rooster and one Dominique rooster in the same coop as her. I'm in Grand bay.

Just looking for some funky colored egg (like... other than brown lol). As long as the birds come out with two legs, a head and two wings it's all good to me.

Meme's Poultry is sending me some Ameraucanas in a couple of weeks. She may add in an extra one for you. I think you live close to us. We are in Wilsonville.

T
Rolltidern, not sure about a specific vet, but check ones on the outskirts of the city. In Mobile Coubty There is a vet on Snow Rd in Semmes called TLC, there is also a new vet at Snow Rd and Cottage Hill beside the animal barn.

Thanks for the info!!

Meme's Poultry is sending me some Ameraucanas in a couple of weeks. She may add in an extra one for you. I think you live close to us. We are in Wilsonville.

We're in Montevallo :)

Everytime I am *this* close to eggs, she gets up from her spot
lau.gif
This is only the second time in almost two weeks she's strolling in the yard, the first time she got up I was about to get eggs in Hueytown.

Keep me posted! I don't want to get to many whichever way I'm getting them, just in case she decides to quit being broody.

Okay everyone!! I broke down and getting some A&M Quails. I know it's not chickens. The English Orpingtons I want are way too expensive!!! I can get eggs slightly cheaper but as you guys know my incubators were murdered.
sad.png

I'm getting more than I'm expected. 14 adults quails!!!
ep.gif

Now that I'm getting them I remember why I hated owning quails. I had a button that use to crow at 4am in the morning. The day he died was the happiest day of my life.
Been told I can cull the males and my problem would be solved. In theory I'm all for it but deep down inside I'm a coward( I would never survive in nature!!)

Going to pick them up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom