ALABAMA!!

I have one Blue Copper, one White Splash, and three Black Copper.
I have 1 pair of BCMs, 10 months old. He's my only cockerel, we're trying to breed some olive eggers using my Ameracauna pullets. Out of the 6 offspring that are now 3 1/2 months old, 2 were males . . . and quite tender. My BCM pullet is raising 2 SS and 8 BCM chicks; did have 9 but we're under serious hawk attacks the last 4 days. Going to get more next time a hen goes broody, maybe Feb or March. We're trying to follow the French SOP. His comb has more than 5 points and his tail angle is greater than 60 degr when he's excited, otherwise he's awesome. And she looks picture-perfect to me!

Is there any lavender or black orpingtons pullets or hens out there? Thanks. I am open to eggs or chicks as well if necessary.

Last edited:
I do have lavenders but I do not ship. I currently have a trio that is about one year old along with two pullets that should be laying in the near future and four cockerels who will be going to freezer camp this weekend. I don't have any for sale right now but will probably sell some hatching eggs or chicks in the spring. They will be pick up only, but if you decide you are interested let me know. :)

I am in Coosa county. I think there are a few pics on my profile but haven't yet figured out how to check that from my phone. If you don't see them or would like to see more let me know and I can try to get more. My avatar is my current rooster.

My fiance is finally catching the chicken fever. He LOVES bantams now, especially the Dutch and Wyandottes, figures... the one group of chickens you can't order pullets from
roll.png
I explained "straight run" to him, and he was like "Oh no, can't do that."

I'm really loving the looks of Wyandottes, they seem like awesome chickens (ofcourse, I would be so tempted to let them do their mothering thing.. get them some eggs to hatch, end up with cockerels.. and then have to teach the kids where nuggets come from..). But, knowing myself, our first acquisition is just gonna be TSC chicks. If we don't kill them, we can get something fancier
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom