ALABAMA!!

Hey Guys!! I'm in Clay County, Alabama. I'm new here to BYC, so it's nice to have some 'neighbors!'
I'm needing some help finding laying exotic hens near us... most everyone sells the chicks, and we just don't have the resources to raise the chicks right now- perhaps one day though...
Anyways, any ideas are welcomed with love, and happy thoughts of chicken!
Thanks Bama's!
What kind of exotics are you looking for?

After discussing it with my boyfriend, we've decided to start with chicks instead of eggs and save up for a good incubator. My top breeds I'm looking for are the Australorp, Delaware, and Orpington, any color. Does anyone know of any of those chicks for sale in the next week or two? I live in McCalla and travel to Birmingham for my job practically everyday, and I'd be willing to travel a little further to get the chicks I want! Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome, and quick, knowledgeable answers! The sheer number of different incubators was kind of intimidating so I'm glad to have more time to do research!

Last edited:
After discussing it with my boyfriend, we've decided to start with chicks instead of eggs and save up for a good incubator. My top breeds I'm looking for are the Australorp, Delaware, and Orpington, any color. Does anyone know of any of those chicks for sale in the next week or two? I live in McCalla and travel to Birmingham for my job practically everyday, and I'd be willing to travel a little further to get the chicks I want! Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome, and quick, knowledgeable answers! The sheer number of different incubators was kind of intimidating so I'm glad to have more time to do research!
I haven't seen any of those breeds yet at the Tractor Supply Company (TSC) in Bessemer yet which would be very close to you. They are getting some in each week on Mondays I believe. I just got 4 barred rock and 2 RIR to add to my 18 3 week old chicks. I call before going to see what they have. Also there is a place on Bessemer super hwy that should be getting chicks sometime soon I don't know the date called Thrasher Feed & Grain.
Wisher1000 has black Orpingtons I'm not sure about the other two.

I haven't seen any of those breeds yet at the Tractor Supply Company (TSC) in Bessemer yet which would be very close to you. They are getting some in each week on Mondays I believe. I just got 4 barred rock and 2 RIR to add to my 18 3 week old chicks.  I call before going to see what they have. Also there is a place on Bessemer super hwy that should be getting chicks sometime soon I don't know the date called Thrasher Feed & Grain.  
Wisher1000 has black Orpingtons I'm not sure about the other two.
oh thank you ma'am! I do appreciate it! I'll check out those places and I asked Wisher1000 but after scrolling back up, I think those may be spoken for, not sure.

I have a few EE in the incubator now and can hatch as many as you need. I only hatch EE &Oe on order.
That would be fantastic... but we are looking for grown ones, or at least teenage age ones ( : We're more set up for the laying ones, and don't want to wait... any ideas? or do you have any layers available for sale?

Back
Top Bottom