ALABAMA!!

There was damage in Opelika from a confirmed F-1. I don't wish the damage on anyone, but I'm so glad it didn't touch down on campus, especially with a women's basketball game moments from starting when the warning was announced.

I agree, you hate seeing one hit anywhere, but it's terrible when one hits a mass of population.

My silly girls enjoyed the mild weather this evening by doing a little exploring. They're starting to look more like adults than chicks, especially the Wyandotte.

Wow! You are really close to me! Do you know where New Site is? They have an auction in Eclectic on Friday nights. My dad has been but I haven't made it yet.
I'm in Talladega. 6 Ameracaunas from the co-op last spring. Every one of them looks a little different. Where is New Site. Love an auction!

I try to buy pullets only. I watch local ads on CL, here and my wife watches facebok for me. I do get caught with a cockerelle on ocassions but i wil cull them. I don't want some imbred rooster trying to bred his sisters around. When you buy the strait runs from the hatcheries that is what you get. Just my 2 cents worth. Buy local if you can. Build relationships with other farmers and homesteaders.

I try to buy pullets only. I watch local ads on CL, here and my wife watches facebok for me. I do get caught with a cockerelle on ocassions but i wil cull them. I don't want some imbred rooster trying to bred his sisters around. When you buy the strait runs from the hatcheries that is what you get. Just my 2 cents worth. Buy local if you can. Build relationships with other farmers and homesteaders.
yeah, I get it, but I wouldn't let them at my girls. Feed then harvest at 7 to 9 weeks, into the freezer. Just a thought.

We are located in Watkinsville GA and would be happy to meet you somewhere safe. We ended up 2 of 4 being roosters and live within city limits, they just started crowing and they won't stop! Ha ha we tried everything. They need a new home where they can properly stay.

We named them Big Red and Sweet Cheeks, Rhode Island Red and Ameraucana. They have been hand raised since chicks with lots of love and children. Very friendly, though upset having to be kept in a container inside! (Can't let them keep waking neighbors up in the morning. Just us...Haha)
Pictures in this post
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...s-who-need-a-home-today-georgia#post_17992656

Back
Top Bottom