ALABAMA!!

Quote:
Jersey Giants are great. The name giant is not an exaggeration. Mine are huge, especially my roos. And they lay a nice, big egg. Did you choose black or white? other?

I'll be back in Alabama this weekend for Memorial Day! I haven't been back since I moved to Portland. I'm hoping for some good weather and I plan to eat and swim and swim and eat! (Gulf Coast Shrimp!)

Hey Everyone!

I'm from Mobile, Al!

My first chicken was a frizzle Rooster and a Old English Hen about five months ago and i love chickens!

We currently have Seven grown chickens and 10 babys.

We also have like fifty peacocks and five genines.

I'm trying to start getting some Turkeys! My husband loves them!

=]

Hi and
welcome-byc.gif

Me without ashley we have turkey eggs and also turkey poults .....

Please let me know what you might like. We have bronze turkeys as well as royal palm... I'll be glad to pm you our lists and pics.

Many thanks and have a blessed evening.

Quote:
Jersey Giants are great. The name giant is not an exaggeration. Mine are huge, especially my roos. And they lay a nice, big egg. Did you choose black or white? other?

I chose black, blue and splash. My sister picked them up for me this morning. I am working an outage at a nuclear plant in Athens right now. I am getting laid off in a few weeks. I have to get the money while I can. Not many jobs available. I am excited to see them too! I already have 2 black giants and they are awesome! Friendly too, one jumped onto my car Tuesday because I was looking in my purse. She was being very nosey. ha ha.....I am going to try to post pictures when I can.
roll.png

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryhensfarm
Quote:
Originally Posted by retsbreh
big_smile.png
Just wanted to say hello! I am in the Northwest corner of Alabama. In the Greenhill/Killen area. I am getting some more chicks this week! Jersey Giants! I am so excited!

I chose black, blue and splash. My sister picked them up for me this morning. I am working an outage at a nuclear plant in Athens right now. I am getting laid off in a few weeks. I have to get the money while I can. Not many jobs available. I am excited to see them too! I already have 2 black giants and they are awesome! Friendly too, one jumped onto my car Tuesday because I was looking in my purse. She was being very nosey. ha ha.....I am going to try to post pictures when I can.
roll.png

I forgot to mention that my Jersey Giants are black. I want some more of them but I just got some Ameraucanas. I'm sorry to hear about your job situation. I agree that jobs are scarce. I got laid off in mid-April myself. I hope the economy improves really soon. Jersey Giants are a very friendly breed indeed. Mine hop up on top of the nest box and wait for me to come in to feed them. I just love them.

I have a question for some of the experts on here. I have a chick that is acting sick. Just sits there with it's eyes closed. I have a heat lamp on them and paper towels as bedding for right now. They are also inside the house. I have sugar in their water because they were just shipped to me. If I add antibiotics to their water will that hurt them at this age? What should I do? I took a drop of water and put it on his beak and he took it but he doesn't right. I have been around birds my whole life. I know that the way it is acting it is something wrong. I just can't figure out what. Any help is appreciated.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom