Alarm clock....

Newbie6789

Songster
Mar 4, 2020
Sooooooo....most people think of a rooster for the time traditional "alarm clock". They have not met Thelma!!!!! My dear Thelma (Pekin hen), is our vocal alarm clock (with NO snooze button!!!!!). She is a member of a flock of 3 Muscovy's (LOVE their NO alarm clock vocalization and they are just cool) and 4 teenage hen Khaki's. Love them all.......They all have their nuances though. Thelma is teaching the Khaki's to utilize their voices for wake up call.....ugggghhhhh.

Heck NO!!!!!! Outside in a duck house with predator proof small run. (too close to the house so I can hear them). They have experienced and enjoy free roam and are up BEFORE the birds! I sincerely do love to watch them forage, chat, explore. However - - I need to explain to Thelma about work days (up early :caf) and weekends (PLEASE let me sleep in!!!!). 💤

neighbors are not an issue, we live in the country and they have TONS of free range once I Iet them out of there predator control pen, which is also of nice size!!! The alarm clock challenge is when I want to sleep in :):):):

We have 4 Welsh Harelequins and at 630 every morning they go off like an alarm clock and will not stop until we let them out. So far my neighbor's. So far they say it has not bothered them.

😂😂. This post is awesome! We live on fifty acres and the ducks well we are their neighbors! They can get the whole farm going as soon as they hear the sliding glass door—yes, they are just that good and maybe we absolutely love walking out our back door to be greeted by the goats and our kunekune and the emus and then go about 150 feet and there is our ducks, geese, and turkeys and about fifty other animals and boy those ducks can get louder than our six roosters. 😂😂😂. We have pekin, runners, and a Rouen named Rocco.

Sooooooo....most people think of a rooster for the time traditional "alarm clock". They have not met Thelma!!!!! My dear Thelma (Pekin hen), is our vocal alarm clock (with NO snooze button!!!!!). She is a member of a flock of 3 Muscovy's (LOVE their NO alarm clock vocalization and they are just cool) and 4 teenage hen Khaki's. Love them all.......They all have their nuances though. Thelma is teaching the Khaki's to utilize their voices for wake up call.....ugggghhhhh.
She can’t scream if her mouth is full of peas... just sayin’!

Back
Top Bottom