Alaska hatchers..How is everyone doing? Baby pics !!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban seabhag

Songster
10 Years
Nov 28, 2009
Glenn HWY Alaska
I know that some of the Alaska members are hatching this week and wanted to know how things were progressing for everybody. (Especially Pandora who had some sad luck last week) The big push is over but I've still got 6 eggs left due on Saturday ( ameraucanas and faverolles) 6 BCM's hatched last week, 2 ameraucanas, and 4 BLRW's. It was better than I hoped for. Once these last few are done I am supposed to be good
hit.gif
. THAT means I must live vicariously through everyone else!!!!!!

Last edited:
I still have a bit to wait so I can start hatching! So yea how is everyone doing! And remember we will need pics!!

I am only 72 hours in but I have good news. I candled a couple of the lightest shelled eggs and saw the beginnings of veining. YEAH!! Anyone know how to get pics from my iPhone onto a BYC post?

Awesome! I would like to post pics but am having trouble getting the site to apply them. I will try again today. I have no idea how to get them off a phone!

I have 8 due to hatch on the 3rd (in Lockdown hatcher now.
and 7 on the 16th. I am hopefully, but not holding my breath.

the ones due on the 16th, I am going to leave in the incubator rather than moving to the hatcher.

Then if things have not gone right we will try to build a incubator form the parts here in the 4 incubators that aren't working right.

I hatched 7 out of 2 dozen last thursday (one day early). technically it is out of 22, since 2 broke in shipping. That means..... 32% hatch rate overall. They were shipped eggs so thats kinda average. 13 made it to lockdown but 6 just didn't hatch.....

out of BR's I got 50% and was astounded
out of EEs I got 40% and was pleasantly surprised
Out of BAs I got 18% and was sad
sad.png

Why so few BA's ??? I just don't know.....

Oh I am hoping you have success Pandora!
thumbsup.gif
Really felt bad for your last hatch loss. It breaks the heart. It took me three tries before I got things organized to work.
I am adding pics of our guys minus 1 BCM that refused to be part of the photo op!

45084_img_3054.jpg
'
45084_img_3052.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
All mine were shipped too. The BCMs hatched 66% (really surprised) The Arau's 30% and the BLRWs 4 of 12 so 33% none of the Fav's so maybe it's egg quality? Or the shipping was less hard? The BLRWs and BCMs were from North Ca and Oregon so maybe there was less stress for them. Who knows.
hu.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom