Solved Alert Challenged

Has anyone noticed a drop in Alerts?

• Total voters
I have been just going with the flow so to speak. I stopped following this thread until you replied.
I find it easier to bookmark my favorites/important ones and browse from them. My missing alerts are hit and miss. Not too much of a concern. I'm on almost all day, off and on. Got the ole WiFi in my barn and rest my feet here and there. Some people take cigarette breaks, em wah takes byc breaks. So I hit on a lot of threads. Nice not to have alerts popping up from posts many months ago.

BTW, what is the criteria for alerts cut off? Like if I commented on a said thread months ago & someone reactivates the thread by replying? Is there a time factor? I have made over 6000 posts since day one. Good thing all the threads I left my mark on aren't lighting up my alert tab..
I feel bad if I miss the goings on with a thread, especially if I've been helping. It looks like I dropped off the map and am ignoring/not caring.

One thread in particular this happened to was Venemae's thread when her chick herniated. I didn't get an alert and had no idea of an entire day's worth of threads. I feel badly for not specifically checking on the thread. I had been getting alerts through the night. It was a time sensitive matter and I believe it was just the next day where I didn't get alerts.

If it's happening to us, it must be happening to others. Sometimes it won't matter but sometimes it will, especially with those requiring time-sensitive advice with injuries/sickness etc.

I have 22 pages of threads I'm following. Some may need cleanup now, but there's no possible way I can check that many threads, or even half of that. I can't even see checking 2-3 pages a few times a week. That wouldn't last very long.:gig:th

Heck, I can't even keep up with the 3-4 threads I try to follow/participate in.

I have noticed that recently I haven't been getting an alert that I've been mentioned or tagged in a post when I have the alerts for those turned on. I usually end up on those threads anyway but it can be quite frustrating. :confused::idunno

I'm also not receiving alerts...well, sometimes I do. I didn't get any notifications for sometime in a particular thread that I posted in and that I had selected to watch...I found it odd. I went to the thread and jeesh...I missed weeks of postings. I unselected the "Watch" and then reselected "Watch" again. I even have the OP of that thread listed to "Follow". Other posters that I have selected to "Follow" don't show up in my alerts either. :(

Just wanted to mention that I suddenly stopped receiving alerts at all as of about 10 pm pacific last night. Is anyone else running into this?
I'm also not receiving alerts...well, sometimes I do. I didn't get any notifications for sometime in a particular thread that I posted in and that I had selected to watch...I found it odd. I went to the thread and jeesh...I missed weeks of postings. I unselected the "Watch" and then reselected "Watch" again. I even have the OP of that thread listed to "Follow". Other posters that I have selected to "Follow" don't show up in my alerts either. :(
I'm not getting all my alerts either, especially when I'm tagged.

I can search to see if I'm tagged, but keep forgetting:confused: It seems to be hit or miss if tags are in the alerts section, so...wondering if I'm missing more than just tags.
Have your alerts starting "working" again?

Back
Top Bottom