All About Hummingbirds - Resources, Videos, & More!

Pics

HomesteaderWife

Free Ranging
9 Years
Apr 24, 2015
Alabama
allabouthummers1.png
allabouthummers2.png

Here is some information to help you learn about making nectar for your hummers, and keeping feeders clean. Videos courtesy of Hummingbird Spot on YouTube. I really enjoy her channel, and the resources to educate hummingbird lovers.

Keep those feeders free of red dyes, and make your own nectar with the correct sugars (not artificial sweeteners, molasses, or honey)

If anyone comes across a Ruby-throated Hummingbird nest this year please let me know!

So far, we have yet to have any visitors this year. Fingers crossed for one soon!

Thank you for the post! I sometimes used red dye! I will definitely stop now! I'm excited for the hummingbirds, too! So far I haven't seen any!

This is a picture from last year! I was obviously bothering him/her. Mama hummingbird came so I had to leave shortly after taking the picture. I'm sorry for bothering you, little one! They had a nest in our plum tree, so when the plums grew on it they weighed down the branches to eye level.
20190726_103258.jpg

Last edited:
@Alyssa-Bee - Thank you for sharing that precious photo, wow! What a beautiful nest. I'm so glad to hear of another person turning away those red dyes. I use the simple 4:1 ratio and make my nectar at home - it's very easy to do!

Back
Top Bottom